I Heated the Seat for You

"Can you drive?"

"No,"

"I mean, is it possible for you to drive a car?"

"I guess?"

"Do you want to learn how to drive?"

"Sure,"

Jennie took Lisa to a special car training circuit near her old school. At first, Jennie doubted whether people with autism could drive a car, but then she remembered that Lisa used to ride a motorbike daily, so this shouldn't be a problem for her.

Little did Jennie know that Jisoo had secretly taught Lisa to drive using her beloved Audi. However, things quickly took a chaotic turn when Lisa accidentally damaged the front bumper of Jisoo's car while trying to park it at her house.

Despite Seulgi's protests that the one million won compensation was excessive for such minor damage, Lisa insisted on paying Jisoo the full amount, leaving Seulgi seething with frustration.

After Jennie explained the car's features and functions, Lisa sat behind the wheel. "Are you ready?" Jennie asked nervously. She loved her Porsche and was worried about any potential scratches.

Lisa fell into a thoughtful silence, her mind retracing Jennie's detailed instructions. The contrast between Jennie's sleek electric Porsche and Jisoo's classic Audi was striking. Jennie's car boasted a unique interior with multiple screens, unlike anything Lisa had seen before. As she settled into the passenger seat, she was puzzled by the absence of a traditional gear lever. Her eyes darted around, searching in vain for the familiar mechanism.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked when she noticed Lisa looking around.

"I'm looking for the lever," Lisa replied, puzzled.

"What lever?"

"The one that says D, R, N, P," Lisa answered innocently.

Jennie smiled and explained to Lisa that her car was electric and most controls were on the screen in the middle. She pointed out that the lever Lisa was searching for was actually on the steering wheel.

"But it doesn't look like a lever," Lisa said, still confused.

"I know," Jennie smiled. "Each car has a different gear lever shape and location," Jennie explained.

"But why?" Lisa asked, still puzzled by the differences from Jisoo's car.

"I don't know, hun. That's just how it is."

"I don't understand..." Lisa was increasingly confused.

"Look, don't motorbikes also have different controls in different places?" Jennie tried to explain.

"No," Lisa shook her head. "All motorbikes have the gear brake on the left hand, the front brake on the right hand, the rear brake on the right foot, and the gears on the left foot," she added.

Lisa still couldn't understand why cars made everything so complicated. She wondered why car brands didn't agree to put controls in the same place as motorbike brands. Lisa's thoughts made Jennie lose her patience.

"Do you want to learn about cars or not?" Jennie said curtly.

"Y-yes," Lisa answered haltingly.

"Then stop asking questions I don't have the answers to," Jennie snapped. Lisa was terrified by Jennie's tone and could only nod in response.

"Now, all the controls of this car are on this touchscreen," Jennie said sweetly. "You can see there are several modes here and you can control them all from the buttons on the steering wheel," Lisa listened carefully to Jennie's explanation.