Modern Snow White

"You come," Jennie said with dreamy looks in her eyes

"Didn't you call?" Lisa said annoyed as she rolled her eyes.

Lisa had no idea those words she said made Jennie's heart flutter.

Jennie should know better that Lisa's words had nothing to do with "You came" / "You called" quotes. Maybe Jennie saw too many rom-com dramas. Perhaps those tragic angst but-you-know-it-ends-well novels she read started to sway her mind.

"Jen?" Kai suddenly called Jennie because he was confused when he saw Lisa who suddenly came.

Jennie, realizing Kai's confusion, quickly introduced them, "Kai, this is Lisa. Lisa, this is Kai," she said with a smile, pulling herself out of a daydream.

Kai stretched out his hand to shake hands with Lisa, but she just looked at his hand with a blank stare. Jennie could sense the awkwardness and held Kai's hand to minimize it, "Oh, Lisa doesn't like physical contact," she whispered.

"Prick," Kai said under his breath.

Lisa heard Kai's words but decided not to pay attention to him. She then patted the back seat of her motorbike as if asking Jennie to get on quickly.

"Ah, right," Jennie took her bag which was lying on the bench. "Kai, this is my ride. Thank you for waiting here with me," Jennie got on Lisa's motorbike.

Kai immediately stepped forward and held Jennie back, "Are you sure you want to ride with her? Look at the sky, it's cloudy."

"It's fine, my place is nearby," Jennie reassured him.

Kai was still not convinced, "But Lisa, don't you have a spare helmet?"

Ignoring Kai's question, Lisa revved up the motorbike, and the exhaust sound boomed around them.

"Jen, you can't go without a helmet, it's dangerous!" Kai yelled, trying to make Jennie see reason.

Lisa reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a beanie. Without any warning, she gently placed it onto Jennie's head, causing Jennie's heart to race with excitement and her cheeks to turn a rosy shade of red.

"It's alright," Jennie patted Kai's shoulder. "Come on, Lisa." She hugged Lisa from behind, causing Lisa to flinch in surprise.

Doesn't Lisa hate physical contact? Kai thought in surprise.

Lisa was surprised when Jennie hugged her from behind, something that Lisa normally wasn't fond of. She looked back at Jennie, about to protest, but Jennie didn't give her a chance. "Let's go!"

Lisa couldn't shake Kai's words about spare helmets throughout their trip. She had never considered buying two helmets before because she never expected to give someone a ride. Should she buy a helmet for Jennie now? But what if this was a one-time thing? Lisa didn't want any unused items cluttering up her house.

Jennie's apartment was just a short distance from the student center. At 60 km/hour, Lisa could reach it in just 10 minutes. However, since Jennie wasn't wearing a helmet, Lisa reduced her speed to 30 km/hour.

"I'm hungry!" Jennie shouted from behind.

Lisa didn't respond to Jennie's words, trying to concentrate on the road. Jennie's hug from behind was making it hard to focus.

"YAH!" Jennie's voice grew louder. "I'm talking to you, you know!"

Lisa still didn't answer, pulling on the gas and hoping they would arrive soon. The rain was getting heavier, and it was getting dark. Lisa cursed herself for not bringing a raincoat and worried she might get a fever.