(Ch.4) Carnival Fun

I am merging this story with another story I made called "Stuck in a Game". I am doing this because I had difficulties due to writers block and not enough time to write two stories. The next few chapters (?) will include parts from that story. Thank you for your understandment! 🌽
--------------

Just another panic attack. This is fine. It's been two months, I'm still not used to this digital world, but that's okay! It's a big difference from reality. Then again... I don't like this place. It's scary. It's weird. It's different. It contrasts with half of the things I learned in the real world. Why am I here? Who am I? Or better put, who was I? Out there, in the real world, I was a person. A living, breathing, being. Am I still considered that? I'm stuck here. Forever. And I cannot leave. All I am is stuck alone here, with my thoughts, until the end of time...

Pomni? Said a voice outside of my room.

I yelp, and quickly sit up, not expecting someone to talk to me anytime soon. Y-YEAH?! I said, a little too loudly than I expected to say it.

I quickly got off of my bed and ran over to the door. I opened it and saw Ragatha. Oh! Uhm... hello. I said, waving awkwardly.

Hey, Pomni! Smiled Ragatha. So I was kind of wondering if you would wanna hang out with all of us? We're all going to go out to the Digital Carnival. If I remember correctly, you haven't been outside of the tent... Besides for adventures.

I looked behind Ragatha and saw everyone behind her talking. I looked back and thought for a moment. Umm.. I mean, I guess I could join... I muttered, trying to clear my head from the panic attack I just "woke up" from.

Great! C'mon, and don't forget to lock your door. She smiled as she stepped aside. She looked at everyone else and said, Pomni is going to come with us to the Carnival for the first time, so you better be on your best behavior today... I am talking to you, Jax.

Jax grinned at Ragatha.Whaat? Is a little prank gonna hurt the kiddo? It's not like she's going to abstract because I put something in her popcorn. He chuckled as I closed the door behind me.

I smiled. Is that so? And what if I DO abstract, Mr. Bunny?

Jax seemed to pause at that.

No, we will not have any abstractions anytime soon. This is Pomni's first time out of the tent that isn't from an adventure, so we need to make the most out of it! With.. no abstractions. Said Ragatha, smiling as she put her hands on her hips.

I walked outside of the tent with everyone. Ragatha was right – this was my first time being outside of the tent that wasn't one of Caine's crazy adventures. I looked around quite a bit.

Curious today, aren't we?  I looked over at the voice to see Jax with his hands behind his back as he walked.

I never really… paid close attention to anything while out of the tent. I guess now I can look. I smiled. He nodded, knowing what I meant.

We suddenly stopped walking, and everyone started to talk about which ride to go on, or which game to play.

Jax adjusted himself to my height and whispered. Hey, do you wanna help me prank Ragatha?

Huh?.... No! That's not nice... I shifted awkwardly.

Ah, cmoon, it'll be fun, Pom Poms! I don't want to have this centipede in my pocket for no reason. He grinned, patting his pocket.