Chapter 22 - The Phone Call

FARZAAN ROUF

It’s been a long time since we all got together like this for an outing , The last time was during our school days. After that it was just me and Sharath who always used to hang out together and I am really happy right now that we are able to do that again .

We were catching up on what we missed on and even went for playing some games.
Then After that we all went for having some food to our favorite restaurant , it’s actually a branch of our Favorite restaurant in Dubai . And then we all were so immersed in our world , we were so happy at the present moment and nothing else mattered at that moment for us …….

Farjaad Bhai : Do you  guy’s want to know an embarrassing childhood story about Farzaan…..

Hearing that I was like ; you better not brother or else I will expose yours too …..

And at that very moment a phone call saved both of us from getting embarrassed, the call was from my phone and that too from an unknown number. I picked up the call and was greeted by a young lady “Assalamu Allaikum” , it didn’t take me much time to realize whom that was and I greeted her back “wallaikum assalam” Salma…..

She was stunned hearing me identify her sound instantly and then she replied “ I would like to meet up tomorrow morning by 10 for giving a reply to your confession and I want all of our group to be present at the same spot where we met last time “ .

And I Said yes to it , after the call was over when I looked at the guy’s they gave the same curious and stunned expression that I imagined they would give and then I explained to them About our conversation and they were like “ Finally tomorrow we will come to a conclusion about all these “ !!!!!

We all got back home after our outing and was quite tired, as it was quite late we insisted Sharath and his family to stay at ours. Also it would be easy for us to travel together tomorrow for our meeting with Salma . For now we all went to our respective rooms as we were really tired ……

Ahhh I am really nervous and anxious, all kind of questions were running through my head “ what if she rejects me or what if she likes someone else etc……. “…

And then I heard a knock on my door and instantly knew who that was, I asked my mom to come inside. She got in and sat near me , I already knew why she came so I explained her about what happened …..

And my mom was like ” I Told you so “ , hearing that I got curious again of why she’s saying like that and asked her about it again and it was then my mom said about a conversation she had with Salma during our school time and it was on a parents teacher meeting day  ; Salma Said to my ummi that “ I have a  special kind of place for him in my heart aunty and I don’t know why , may be because he has always been there for me whenever I needed someone by my side “ and my ummi also added a funny yet cute part of their conversation at the end “ Aunty I said this to you because I felt like you would understand me and if it was my mom I would have been 6 foot down “ ….

Hearing that I laughed out loud and along with me my mom too , Salma’s mom wasn’t a controlling person but like every desi mothers who have a girl child she was really careful about the boys Salma mingled with and her mom loved us but if she would have heard that then the first person dead would be me and then only her turn will occur ……..

And then my mom gave me a good night kiss and left to her room . I don’t know when I drifted on to sleep as my thoughts were completely filled with her and was not able to sleep but still ended up falling asleep somehow .

The next day when I woke up my stomach was in weird condition because of anxiety and nervousness, Haaa either way I have to face it no matter what the outcome is . I am just leaving the rest to Allah SWT as I believe in his plans …..

We were getting ready for heading out and now we are on the way to the café we last met. Now we have reached the destination and is waiting for Rida and Salma to arrive …….