76-82

76

Xiao Qian heard his voice, gripping the phone tightly, but keeping her tone calm.

"Okay."

"In an hour, bring your mother to the District Court. My classmate will be waiting for you there. He's a lawyer and will help you handle everything that needs to be done. Next, apply for an investigation order from the court to look into the outgoing funds in your father's accounts. Leave all these matters to him."

"It's actually a simple matter, but he has to make it so complicated." Xiao Qian muttered softly.

According to her plan, there was no need to go through all this trouble. Yu Minglang was too serious, insisting on using a legitimate approach to deal with the other party. Anyway, it was a matter of settling things, regardless of whether it was above board.

"As a dignified woman, you must ensure that your words and actions are always within the scope of what the law allows, including obtaining evidence! Your method is absolutely unacceptable."

In fact, if Yu Minglang wanted to get Chen Lin's records, it was just a matter of a few words. But he would rather go through the proper procedures, even if they were a bit complicated, and never do anything outside of the rules. He must make sure that his woman would be free of any problems in the eyes of the law.

Xiao Qian rolled her eyes, "Alright, understood."

He was always serious when educating her on the law, which was really annoying.

"Go ahead, my classmate's name is Ya Ming. With him around, neither you nor your mother need to do anything. Just keep your aunt's emotions stable," he instructed.

"Yu Minglang!" Xiao Qian called out to him.

"Yes?"

"Is work... busy?"

"Yes." He couldn't say more.

Xiao Qian knew that if it wasn't because he couldn't spare the time, he wouldn't miss this opportunity to show his face.

Thinking of his work, Xiao Qian added another sentence.

"Stay safe."

There was no need for more words; this simple phrase was enough to convey her concern.

"I will." He smiled, feeling much better.

As she hung up the phone, Xiao Qian's smile lingered. Actually, he was quite reliable when it came to handling matters.

Although they spent little time together in their past life, it wasn't like how he took care of her now, with such thorough attention to detail.

In her past life, she remembered that by the time they met, she had already completed her doctorate, and was much older than she is now. Yu Minglang wouldn't treat her as meticulously as he does now, like an old mother taking care of every detail for her.

Xiao Qian thought she would be very resistant to this kind of 'little girl nurturing' approach, as she was an independent woman. However, when these "tricks" were used on her, it felt... not bad.

It could be because Yu Minglang handled things clearly without seeking credit, or because he fully considered her feelings, or perhaps it was just because the one doing these things was him.

Xiao Qian turned her gaze to her mother and saw Jia Xiufang's lost expression. She went over and sat down beside her.

"Mom, let's divorce. Why are you still putting up with him?"

"Divorce! If I don't, I might as well have died in a 'car accident'! Jia Xiufang didn't think before speaking, as she was still furious.

Xiao Qian wouldn't give her the chance to back down, and didn't want her to have time to think. She gathered Jia Xiufang's personal documents and took her out the door.