1-2

1

Chen Xiaoqian's head was pounding, the harsh sounds from the low-quality loudspeakers looped and blared incessantly in her ears.

"Three items for ten yuan, it's a good deal!"

The pungent smell of mixed seasonings filled her nostrils, mixed in with the particular chaos and commotion of the Farmers' Market.

Xiaoqian frowned, ever since she had succeeded in her business after earning her Ph.D., she had left poverty behind and never set foot in a wet market again. She had a full-time nanny serving her, and only shopped in upscale supermarkets.

She opened her eyes to find herself squatting in front of a stall, an assortment of inferior goods were haphazardly displayed, and advertisements blared out incessantly from the speakers.

Hadn't she already died?

A handsome and extraordinary man appeared in her mind, and at the image of him crying while holding her dead body, her heart ached a bit.

She had killed all her enemies, ingested deadly poison, and ended her life as a female boss villain, leaving this shitty world to join her dead daughter.

She had thought she would leave alone, but to her surprise, Yu Minglang shed manly tears for her right before her death.

Xiao Qian, I've searched for you for so many years, why was I still too late?

The warmth of his tears still seemed to linger on her face, his sorrowful voice echoing in her ears.

It seemed there really was someone willing to shed tears for her, a woman who had done countless terrible deeds. And that person was an exceptionally outstanding man.

Now she squatted at a stall in an old Farmers' Market where all were dressed in very outdated fashion. She even noticed a Millennium calendar stuck to the door which had been faded by the sun.

Was this a pre-death flashback?

Lowering her head to look at her clothes, she was wearing a long, grass-green dress that extended below her knees, the style was very outdated.

It was bought by her thrifty mother for her 18th birthday, there was a fingernail-sized mend underneath the belt, she was nearly scolded to death by her mother for carelessly ripping it.

The age of 18 was a watershed for Chen Xiaoqian's life, although she later obtained a doctorate in psychology and became the most successful person in the industry.

But if given the choice, she would rather return to her impoverished life before 18 because if she hadn't gotten engaged to that scumbag ex-husband at the age of 18, she wouldn't have lost so many wonderful things.

For instance, her most beloved daughter, and kindness.

If she had not revenged and killed her daughter's scumbag ex-husband Ni Jianren, she would not have ended her own life and met Yu Minglang, who was willing to shed tears for her, at the end of her life.

Her brilliant life ended with the death of her daughter, she still owed Yu Minglang the truth.

Suddenly, she felt something wet on her face. Was she back to her last moment when Yu Minglang's tears fell on her face?

"Yu Minglang, I am dying. Long story short, I had a daughter for you. That scumbag Ni Jianren killed her. After killing him, I suicided. You must feed his ashes to dogs and get some monks to make sure he never reincarnates. Then put my ashes with our daughter's!"

"What the hell are you blabbering about, nonsense!"

Chen Xiaoqian opened her eyes, but she didn't see that handsome and extraordinary man, only a woman in a plaid shirt.