50-55

50

"Selling me wouldn't be a problem, but you... you can't!"

Jia Xiufang looked at her daughter, feeling that if she had a kitchen knife, she could fight Chen Lin to the death at any minute.

Her daughter was so beautiful and so intelligent; how could she be sent to that kind of place and do that kind of thing that sells her body? Any mother would never allow such a thing to happen.

"Divorce, everything will be fine after the divorce. With a divorce, my younger brother and I will be safe!" This sentence must be said with unwavering determination because Xiao Qian knew that her mother would think about this sentence in her mind continuously.

This is the subconscious suggestion, a method often used by psychologists.

"But what if your dad isn't that kind of person? What if the fire wasn't caused by him?"

Jia Xiufang's words didn't make Xiao Qian angry; instead, they made her very happy.

Correcting character flaws would be a repetitive process. Jia Xiufang's doubts now were actually a good thing because it showed that in her heart, she had started to consider "divorce" as a goal and was only looking for excuses in the process of realization.

What Xiao Qian needed to do was to prove that all these excuses were useless.

Chen Lin always got himself in trouble. He had many weaknesses, so dealing with him would be extremely easy.

"There are two pieces of evidence that can prove that my dad wants to sell me. First, you'll see if he doesn't have a single penny left when he comes back and if he makes a bunch of excuses. Second, find out if he has severed ties with Chu Xue."

Among these two pieces of evidence, the first one was Chen Lin's own fault, and the second one was what Xiao Qian was going to do next. She would try every way to get proof of Chen Lin and Chu Xue being together.

"Your dad can't go that far, he can't..." Jia Xiufang said without much confidence, and Xiao Qian could hear her mother's uneasiness.

Hehe, Xiao Qian was going to succeed.

"Time will prove everything, mom. Remember, he will use up all the money, and the next step is to sell me at Night Shanghai in a super short skirt as hostess."

This is called keyword suggestion. Over the next few days, she would conduct Pavlovian conditioning training in front of her mother. She would mention the words "super short skirt" and "Night Shanghai" every day, so that when Chen Lin came back with an empty bankbook, Jia Xiufang would think of those words without Xiao Qian having to say anything.

How could she not divorce then?

This was Pavlov's conditioned reflex.

"Mom, I need you, remember that! 1 need you! If you collapse, my younger brother and I will be done for. You must be strong. You have to protect me and my younger brother!"

Jia Xiufang felt as if she had swallowed a Determination Pill. Yes, she couldn't just think about unreliable men; she had two kids to raise. Her kids needed her!

Xiao Qian looked at Jia Xiufang's expression, and a victorious smile crept onto her face. She looked at the picture on the wall of Jia Xiufang and Chen Lin, filled with mockery.

Soon, she would replace all these photos with pictures of herself, Chen Zilong, and Jia Xiufang, without leaving a single trace of Chen Lin. Compared to a useless man that one would depend on and a "strongly needed" child for her mother's protection, the latter would crush Chen Lin with an overwhelming advantage for Jia Xiufang, who had a dependent personality.