60 - Hudson

Shouldn't it be called student prime minister if we're in Canada?

I never feel safe in my own house. I feel even less safe now.

Heather still lives here, which is a big concern. I don't even know why I bother keeping my door lock when she can pick a lock easily.

I avoid her and the rest of the family. Thankfully, Hunter already is too busy with college, whatever the fuck he's doing, to bother.

Heather is... Heather. Officers sometime come and check on her randomly, to make sure she don't snap and pull another Heather.

I don't know what type of idiot thought it would be a good idea to still keep me and her in the same building at all. I have no say in that matter.

My mom hates me more than ever, she sometimes lectures me on shits and scream at me for not helping Heather 'commit' to the act. My whole family are crazy and drawn to chaos and illegal stuff.

My dad is back in jail again, I think my whole my family should be locked up.

Barely 3 days since I came back from the hospital, I came back from school and entered into a long fight with my mom. It got a bit physical and at the end, she kicked me out and basically disowned me. (who wanna murder his mom with me?)

I had nowhere else to go, so with a deep breath, I went to my Aunt Hana's house. She lives closeby, but she's the only person I could turn to for help. It's too cold to just stay outside.

The inside echoed the ding dong from the bell and immediately, she opened the door.

"Hudson?" She asked, flipping her blue braids out of her face with those quirky nails patterns she always have, "Am I supposed to host something here but I forgot?"

I shook my head, "It's just me..."

She raised her eyebrows and then realized what happened. She frowned as her 5 cats came out and jump on me. My nose got itchy as I feel my skin getting rashes. That's okay, it's just a bunch of cats.

"Come here" She said, grabbing me for a tight hug, "You can stay as long as you need."

I sobbed in her warm embrace.

==========

I had been at my Aunt's for weeks now, in a guest room, and she had been a better mom than my actual mom. She's like the cool aunt, in this case, the best aunt.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING FAMILY BUSINESS JANE! I KNEW YOUR HUSBAND WAS A HORRIBLE INFLUENCE ON YOU BUT DID YOU LISTEN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU'RE BEYOND HELP NOW YOU KNOW THAT?"

It took a while but Mom finally called Aunt Hana to see if I'm with her. We don't have much relatives in the area, so she probably just doesn't care.

"OH YOU KNOW WHAT? I HOPE THE POLICE FIND YOU AND PUT YOU IN LIFE SENTENCE! STAY AWAY FROM MY NEPHEW AND I'M DISOWNING YOU AS A SISTER!" I heard her phone slamming on the couch downstair.

Still, everything is just happening. I don't feel like I'm a part of it. I don't know how to describe it. It's like everyday is still the same, I'm still the same but I don't feel it.

Even if I act it, I just can't feel anything. It's just numb I guess.

==========

I think I'm avoiding Gael ever since he told me about the ghosts thing. Do I believe him? Hell no. I'm concern about how he's cooking up such a wild story instead of straight up telling me that Timothy hates me.

Honestly, I wasn't about to hate him at the start, but boy is he annoying. He started it. I'm very convinced that he has a thing for Gael, which make me hates him more. Or it's just his personality in general.

"Heeeeeey!" I got snapped out of thought by none other than the new kid Emery, who's making friends faster than Heather killing them.

"Hi?" I noticed that Violet was with them.

"Hi," Emery replied, "So Violet here is running for student president in the student council, and I happened to noticed that your sister is the newspaper club president."

I see where she's going with this.

"I know you guys have to remain neutral and take no bias, buuuuuut the other candidate is Timothy for some reasons, and I'm sure we really don't want him to be representing the students."

I choked on my own spits. TIMOTHY? He's running for WHAT NOW?

That's the last thing anyone would expect from him.

"Wait what did I hear you right?" I asked.

"Yeah, which is why I thought it would be an easy win," Violet said. It's nice to see that she turned her life around.

Glad that she abandoned Karen.

"But," she continued, "he's charismatic and I'm pretty sure anyone who is in any sport team is gonna vote for him. I don't have a great reputation anymore beside the incident. All I'm gonna get are pity votes." She sighed.

"What is the incident everyone keep talking about?" Emery groaned, "will you help us?"

I'm very convinced that she lives under a rock not knowing what happened and that Heather don't go to school here anymore.

"Who- Who else is running?" Out of curiosity, I asked.

"Karen. Karen White. I don't think she's taking it seriously though," Emery informed me as Violet looked away. "I think someone named Annie Greens too?"

Who is the last person?

"I mean, I would too, but then I'll be going against Violet. I'll be her campaign manager instead!" She continued, looking at Violet and smile. "I'm also helping out the council."

This might be impulsive, but I looked her in the eye and said "where do I sign up?"

"What?" They both asked in shock.

"Yeah, where do I sign up. This is a new thing right, there's time to sign up before everything else?"

What am I doing?

"Um yeah? The deadline is... Tomorrow."

"Great."

I've never been interested with politics, what am I doing? I'm not really acting like myself here.

But then I never really know what I'm into because of my family. Maybe I'm free now. Physically and mentally. Maybe I want to try new things.

I walked to the front office, hearing Emery talking behind me.

"5 candidates? This will be one hell of an election."

==========

A/n

I took great inspo from a random election that happened at my school without my notice.  Some dude with a good reputation won whatever they were running for, idk

Am not really into our school council,but I remembered mock elections I did in elementary, it was fun.

So this upcoming election is not gonna be accurate, it will be based off my own experience with the mock election that I did, even tho my group was the news group

Like I will try to make it realistic, but I have no idea what actually happen

~selenur