Gael - Bad News and Bad News

The hospital is such a depressing place. It's where people die under the care of professionals.

The IV itches in my arm, and only on one arm. It would be better if I get an IV itch on the other one.

I hate going to this place, yet somehow always end up here twice a year due to the same reason. Mangoes.

But the biggest reason why I hate this place is because of what I see there. I can't wait to get out because IT is loud and annoying. Kinda like April but it sense my guilt. IT is comforting however, even if I shouldn't be seeing IT. But IT's small enough for me to ignore.

"They doctor said you can leave this afternoon," My dad told me.

I had been here for a day and a night, missing school. It's really boring, with just my parents alternating, and doctors or nurses randomly come in, checking on me or taking blood test.

April tell me about how I almost died and I just can't reply cause there is always someone in the room.

Then she talks about how many time she had been in a hospital. Or at least what she felt like happened. I wasn't really paying attention.

There's nothing to do here.

Anyway, we all got to the car, and waited for mom.

She's talking about some test results or something with some doctors.

We saw her running toward the car. She entered and looked excited.

"I got good news!!! I'll tell you at dinner!"

Awesome. What could it be? She said good news so it couldn't be a cancerous tumour or uncureable disease. She come from a hospital it got to be health related. Nah it's definitely cancer.

No no no Gael, you can't just wish cancer upon your own mother.

But she's a factor in your trauma Gael. You don't care if she gave birth to you, you didn't ask for it

Nuh uh, of course you care-

Bro shut up Gael braincell #130, i dont know why you exist

Naur Gael braincell #134 you shut up

I just let my braincells argues with each other. I feel like I'm making up personalities for them but it's always 130 (reasonable) and 134 (apathetic) arguing.

As soon as we got home, mom skipped to her room. Someone is in a jolly mood. Must be the news.

Mom is hard to read, I never know if she's happy or faking or mad.

Well I was too tired anyway so I went to lie down.

"Oooooh what if your family is getting another pet!!" April suggested. Oh yeah. I forgot Princess exists for the last few days, wonder how he's doing.

To answer my question, he walked into my room and sat on my chest.

Cats. Always think they're the king.

"I don't think we're getting another one. Mom hates Princess," I reasoned. It's a surprise she haven't skin him alive already.

"Oh. Hmm. Maybe a vacation! To Mexico! So you'll have to learn Spanish. Like hola como estas!"

How does she knows Spanish?

Suddenly, she became very quiet.

"April?" I called, pushing Princess off, sitting up, "you okay?" He claws me on my face and ate a pencil. This cat. How is he still alive? Great metabolism?