30. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔, 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕?

Hassan's pov

The waves moved slowly, crashing gently against each other and the shore. The light ocean breeze was soothing on our skin as we walked on the semi-dry sand toward our destination. The moon reflected on the water, casting a soft glow around us.

It was a little after nine o'clock, and we had just finished praying Isha before getting ready to come here. Leaving the house without praying was never an option, and I felt so grateful to have found someone who values Salah as much as I do. My beautiful wife, Halimah.

Halimah looked like an angel in her white dress. I'm not sure what it's called, but it flows and has many layers, making her look almost otherworldly. She really represents the light she has brought into my life. My Noor. Just as the moonlight helps us see through the dark tonight, Halimah lights up my life and helps me through tough times.

She turned to me, and from the crinkle of her eyes and the slight squint, I could tell she had a big smile under her niqab.

I had arranged a private picnic on the beach to end the night, and I was impressed with how quickly it was set up, considering I had booked it last minute.

As we walked, up ahead I could see the soft glow of lanterns and fairy lights lighting up a cozy nook just for us. The blanket was laid out perfectly, adorned with plush pillows and a throw blanket, for us to settle in and relax. A wicker basket sat in the center, filled with an assortment of cheeses, crackers, fresh fruits, and chocolates. Two wine glasses and a bottle of Apple juice were nestled beside it. The employee from the catering company seemed to be putting the finishing touches as she spruced up the pillows. Anna, if I remember correctly. She was the one I was in contact with from there.

"Hassan, this is so pretty!" she gasped as she finally noticed the setup. She looked up at me with excitement, starting to walk faster. Her enthusiasm made her pull me along, causing me to panic slightly at her speed.

"Halimah, be careful, baby," I said quickly, gently slowing her down.

She huffed but complied, and we finally reached our destination. Anna approached us with a friendly smile.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Musa. I hope everything is to your liking?" she asked politely, gesturing behind her.

"Yes, everything looks so pretty," Halimah exclaimed, lightly clapping her hands in glee.

Anna and I laughed, amused by Halimah's clear childlike happiness.

"I'm glad it's to your satisfaction. I will be taking my leave now. Have a good night," Anna said as she picked up her things and left.

Halimah looked back and forth between me and the setup, and I chuckled as I realized she was quietly waiting for my go-ahead.

"Go ahead, Nur Ayn," I said with a soft grin, motioning for her to sit down.

Halimah squealed with delight as she took off her flats and settled down against the pillows facing the ocean. She looked perfectly at home with the serene aesthetic around her. I removed my shoes and joined her, sinking into the soft pillows shoulder to shoulder.

I wrapped my arm around her, snuggling close, which made her giggle softly.

"Hassan, this is so sweet of you," she cooed, turning to face me. Her hands reached up to caress my cheek.

"You deserve this and more," I replied, melting into her embrace. "Just being with you is everything I could have hoped for. Your presence brings me peace," I continued genuinely.

I couldn't fathom how I had managed to live without her in my life. Allah had given me the strength to get by in those days, knowing that He had the ultimate gift waiting for me. I am so grateful that He didn't take away my blessings because of my past mistakes. Halimah is Allah's mercy to me.