Chapter 13

After a few minutes of debate on the best plan of action. It was decided that the Vegapunk's were to attempt to gain control of the Seraphim's once more. Seeing as how they have higher authority than those in Cipher Pol do, it shouldn't be too hard.

Whilst Edison and Lilith went to see if he could gain control over the Seraphim, Franky said he'd go back up Zoro and Brook. Leaving it to him, the rest of us stayed with Shakka for when Luffy and Chopper return.

"We're so close to the One Piece, but Mosshead will die in action..." Sanji trailed off, hand up to his chin in thought.

"You must go, too! Our crewmates are in trouble!" Nami shouted at him.

I let out a sigh as Sanji smiled before having hearts for eyes. "I'd it's Nami-San's command... I'm going!" That did it. I watched as Sanji rushed out to catch up to Franky. "Like the Seraphim, 'Sanji-phim' obeys Nami-San's orders unconditionally!"

"Oh no! They're going to destroy the lab!" Shakka exclaimed, slamming his hands against the console. "If nothing is done, this place will be shattered, too!"

"What?!" Usopp gasped out. "No!" He shrieked, Nami joining him.

"Hurry up! Lilith! Edison!" Shakka shouted.

I turned to look at Robin. "Do you think we should-" I was cut off by an explosion as the building shook. I brought my arms up to shield myself from debris falling.

As the rumbling came to a stop, I brought my arms down from protecting myself, glancing around at all the rubble from the ceiling that fell.

I saw Shakka was holding up a device that had a screen, seeing Lucci and the other man down for the count. "What the hell?" I noticed the woman stood standing, but had wings now.

I blinked for a second to see that she no longer had the wings, making me wonder if I had just imagined them or not. "Guys... look..." I mumbled out, not tearing my gaze away from the screen as I stepped closer to where Shakka was.

I was about to ask what was going on when Shakka spoke up. "No need to worry." Who said I was worrying? If anything, it's reassuring to see the enemy already defeated. Question is, how?

"This is Stussy. I put both of them to sleep."

I heard a female voice come through the device he held. "Huh?" I grew confused as I saw the woman, assumingely Stussy, pull out a snail and speak into it.

"Sorry for the trouble." Shakka replied to her.

"Who is it from?! Your ally?!" Usopp began interrogating Shakka.

"Rob Lucci has been taken down?!" Nami gasped out in shock.

Usopp glanced in our direction. "What's going on?!"

Shakka set the screen down. "Even that shrewd Lucci didn't see it coming."

"Are Zoro and Brook okay?" Jimbei asked him.

"Yeah."

Hearing Zoro's voice, assured everyone as they let out a breath of relief.

"I'm as good as new!"

I let out a chuckle as Brook spoke up. "Good." Nami exclaimed.

"Stay on your guard. "Jimbei said. Whether it was to us or them, I wasn't so sure.

"Now, who is Stussy?" Robin asked the question we were all wondering.

"She took down those two. She must be dangerous." Jimbei pointed out, causing me to hum in agreement.

"For an undercover operation lasting over twenty years, she has been our ally." Shakka informed us.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Over twenty years?" And her cover wasn't blown until just now? Amazing.

"What?! You sent a spy into an intelligence agency?!" Usopp gasped out.

"And for more than twenty years?" Robin added in disbelief.

"That's not what we planned... but it ended up that way." Shakka told her.

"But, doctor... my authority is the same as Lucci's. I can't override his orders to the Seraphim's. I can't stop them."

The building started to rumble again, causing us to lose our balance. When it stopped for a second time, I glanced back to the screen, seeing Lilith and Edison, alongside Franky and Sanji had arrived.

I let out a sigh as I watched Sanji and Zoro fighting each other. "Seems we were worried for nothing." I couldn't help but to chuckle at the nostalgia.

"God, those idiots..." Nami sighed out, placing a hand to her head as Robin chuckled.

I turned to Nami and the others as Usopp spoke up. "Now we can breathe a little easier."

"All we have to do is wait for Luffy and Chopper to come back with Bonney and Vegapunk, right?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Nami nodded, glancing back to the screen. "Those Seraphim are threatening when they're our enemies..."

"But it's great to have them on our side." Robin added.

I let out a breath. "I'm just glad that for once things are going smoothly. However..." My face turned serious. No doubt there are Marines coming this way. Meaning, we need to get out of here fast.

"We have some quite dependable allies now." Jimbei nodded. That wasn't what I was thinking, but I agree.

"Shakka. I put Sea Prism Stone Cuffs on Lucci and Kaku. So even if they wake up, they can't use their Devil Fruit powers."

"Thank you, Stussy." Shalla thanked her. "We're going to get off of the island by ship with the Straw Hats! Come with us."

"Roger."

"Hey! You just invited one more person to come aboard the Sunny!" Usopp exclaimed as Shakka ended the call.

I walked over to him, taking Nami's spot in knocking him in the head. "Idiot! If she's on board with us, she can help us with fighting off the Navy or anyone else that might come after us!" I let out a sigh. "Think about it. Word will get around that Vegapunk is aboard the Sunny... pirates and the Government alike will be after us non stop."

"She's right." Nami crossed her arms. "We need to find Luffy and the others and fast."

———
Published: 05/18/2024

Okay, since it's getting closer to a lot of revelations being revealed in One Piece, I decided to watch the anime only so I won't be spoiled when reading the manga. So, needless to say, this episode was a total shock to me... ONE OF THE FIVE ELDERS IS HEADING TO EGGHEAD?!