Chapter 23. Strangers

Well, well.... Nice to see her smiling with somebody else's friends, huh? Audrey started.

Why? What are you looking at? Colete got curious, too.

Look at this lovely photo of Mikhs and Jazz with her other companions who I am not familiar with. Audrey showing the photos. Aya noticed how clingy Jazz was with Mikhs.

It seems like Mikhs wanting to hang out with other people more than us, huh! Maloe expressed sulking.

Do not say that Maloe, she was with us yesterday. She might have her reason. Jho defended Mikhs though she was questioning her actions too.

She is feeling improper being the only single in the group. Don't you think? Sheen assumed.

But she has Vxon? Audrey responded.

They are just friends who are enjoying each other company. Gwene explained.

Aya does not know why she seemed relieved hearing that. But having Mikhs look happy with Jazz, Julia or Vxon appeared different. Thinking Mikhs avoiding her, but she brushed off that thought and encouraged the group to go for a night swim.

The next day. Aya arrived late in the apartment. It startled her meeting people laughing and shouting. Mikhs was playing video games with her acquaintances, did not notice she walks in, until Jazz said hello to her.

Oh, hi Aya! You are here. Mikhs seems perturb with her presence. I would like you to meet Neil, Jong and of course you have met Jazz. Her friends all nodded and smiled as a reply.

There is some food in the kitchen in case you want to eat. Mikhs added while decoding the silent return of her roommate.

Thanks, but I feel full. Aya feeling down the moment.

Join us. We will watch a film after this game. Jazz stopped playing and looks at her, smiling.

Thank you. I just got home from my friend's house, and I am tired. You guys enjoy. Aya looking at Mikhs trying to send a message.

Mikha felt guilty mentioning their friends. She knew she has some explaining to do for not responding to her messages. She left her phone in the apartment last night and realized she had sent none yet. To add up, Audrey saw photos of her with Jazz in her IG, she assumed Aya had seen all of those too. She just eyed her walking in the stairs.

Aya caught Mikhs staring. She knew they needed to talk, but the timing was not right. She took a deep sigh and walks straight into her room.

Aya woke up the next day without Mikhs in the house nor her car at their driveway. Her class will not start yet until 11 am, why left so early she thought? She feels a bit bothered. She will speak to her roommate later. Meanwhile, she needs to get ready for her class.