Chapter 2. The Faces

A non-stop ringing on my phone echoing in my room, disrupting my dreamy morning. Hello! Remind me, who is this person interrupting my beauty sleep? Mikha answered, not looking at her caller ID.

Huh? Don't tell me you are still in your bed, Mikhs? It's our first day at university, remember? Get your butt off there and come down now if you don't want me to leave you? Colete sounds irritated over the phone.

Mikhs averted out of her bed. She forgot Colete will pick her up since she didn't have her car yet. It was 7:30 am already and their early class will start at 8:30am. She remains in a haze but plunked the call and rush to her bathroom to get ready.

Good thing we arrived on time, thanks to my driving skills, Mikhs. You owe me lunch. Colet still sounds annoyed when they got off the car.

OK, OK, stop pestering me about it. I know it's my fault why we're rushing, but we are not late, right? Don't worry, your lunch is on me, happy? By the way, where are the rest? Mikha asked Colet who is now smiling. They have noticed Jho's pickup approaching with Gwene in shotgun sit, and parked next to Colete.

Hello, our dear friends, are you guys ready to dominate the world? Jho with her bubbly personality, chirping while getting out of her new car.

Of course, let's see who will be on the Dean's list this first semester? Mikha smirking while challenging her friends.

The group enrolled in one university, so it will be easy for them to hang out after school. I will study accounting, Colet is taking up pre-law, Gwen is interior design while Jho is in journalism. Though we have different courses, we agreed to meet every lunchtime and hangout as often as we could.

Our first day is the most boring start of our adult development, a constant introduction from one professor to the next, then general assembly. Every student is whining about how each period went so slow, wishing the time will end already. It is just beginning of our adult life, and here we are all worn-out. I guess we are not used to being this serious as a free-spirited group.

The bell rang midday, signalling for lunch time. All the students are rushing out of every classroom and trying to turn away to pick up their lunch break. For us, mighty four, we bought our lunch at the ground floor cafeteria and catch up. While we were having our meals, we noticed Jho looking along the hot food section.

Sheesh..... Of all places, why here at the same institution? Jho blurted out of nowhere and all follows her train of sight. It flabbergasted us when we saw a girl in a crop top and a tiered mini skirt. She seems talking to other people on the line too.

Guy's we are all doomed. The perilous creatures from the abandoned zoo in Africa are here in the same school, and she is walking this way. What are we going to do? Gwene feared the approaching group.

Hide or run, what do you think? Colete suggested.

Look down and cover your faces using your hoodie and work to eat in silence. Don't even try to stare at them. The more they will see you, silly. Mikhs said blatantly and continue nibbling her French fries. The rest followed and ate their meal peacefully.

A group of girls walked past them. One commented how weird they were.......