Chapter 17. Crossroad of Destiny

Mikhs was so confused, hurt and frustrated with herself. She felt suffocated and needs some air to breathe. Rushing to get in an open space, slumps on the grass, embracing her knees with her back leaning on a tree. She wanted to scream, to cry, but could not utter a single word. Defeated by instant, she ended up looking into a clear blue sky, letting her tears falling on her cheeks.

Seeing Aya hugging Keiro in the car park sends her to the edge. She never stops sobbing until a ball whacked into her legs... Ouch... Ouch.... Mikha wiping off her tears and checks her limbs from the impact.

Can I have the ball back, please, miss? The person approached Mikhs.
It is you again. Why do you always like to hit me? Mikhs drying off her tears.

Sorry! I did that on purpose. I was waving earlier, but you seem lost. Vxon stated.
May I? Pointing to sit beside her, and Mikhs nodded as a response.

Remember, I owe you one. You can get it now. Try me, I am a brilliant listener. Vxon said with sincerity in his voice.

Mikhs took a deep breath before responding, reluctant to divulge her secret to a stranger. But she has no one to cry on to. Her friends are away dating their boyfriends. Perhaps talking to Vxon will do her good.

Mikhs started, "what are you going to do if you like a person, but you are apprehensive to express what you feel not to ruin the friendship?"

Hmmm.... A complicated love affair. He responded.

How can it be if it is just one-sided? Mikhs added.

It will be his loss if he did not reciprocate your emotion. Vxon expressed in a dreamy tone.

Huhhh... who claimed the affection is for a man? Mikhs looks at Vxon trying to decipher his thoughts.

Ows.... You mean .... Ows...right. You are hurting my feelings. I have not even taken my based yet and here I am, defeated already. Vxon declared, laughing at his revelation.

Sorry, is the only thing she replied.
Your secret is safe with me. Vxon smiled.

Well, it is still her loss either way. I can see you are a good person, judging your credibility at the court. Besides, I did my research about you. Vxon relayed. Mikhs stares at him, astounded by his statement.

But anyway, going back to your question. If it is me, I will still pop the question to her. You never know, she might have feelings too. But if she does not, at least I have the chance to move forward. He suggested, looking at the sky too.

Mikha looks in his direction, trying to contemplate on what he shared. Both turned quiet and just relish the tranquillity of the place.

After a long minute of silence, Vxon stood up and offer his hand to Mikhs. "Come on, I am hungry. Let us go for a meal. My treat". Mikhs accepted his grip and, thinking how nice to let it out to someone not within her circle.

Opening her dilemma to a stranger is an enormous relief. They talk more over dinner and Mikhs was happy for Vxon not judging her feelings, but validating her as a person. They headed home late, and Vxon drop off Mikhs at her place.

Where have you been? You are not answering my calls? Aya started as soon as Mikhs arrived, distraught.

Sorry, my battery ran out. I left my charger in the car. Mikhs responded.

Huh? Why? Did you leave your car at school? Aya firing her too many questions.

Ah, yes. Tomorrow I will pick it up. Mikhs explained and was about to go into her room.

How do you get home? Aya said with a stern expression.

A friend gave me a ride. Mikhs timidly answered.

Whose friend? Aya interrogated her.

Look, Aya, can we just talk tomorrow? I am tired. I want to rest if you don't mind. Mikha left, not waiting for her response. Aya is dumbfounded by the sudden outburst of Mikhs. This was the first time the latter raised her voice to her. Why does she feel betrayed?