Chapter 22. Aftermath

Aya woke up with a throbbing pain in her head and her throat felt so dry. She gets up but noticed it was not her room. Walking down the stairs, she can hear her friends laughing and chatting. She realized she was back in Sheen's place.

The queen is now alive and rose from her bed. Sheen was teasing her cousin.

What happened last night? How did we even get home? Aya asked Sheen.

I hate having a hangover. Audrey complained. While Jho, Gwene, Colete and Maloi are all holding glasses of water resting in the lounge.

Aya assumed they all showed up here in Sheen's place. Until she realized one person was missing. Where is MIkha, by the way?

Ahhh...some of her friends appeared at the bar last night, so she stayed longer. Maloe relayed. Huh? Aya sounds confused.

Good thing your boyfriend turned up with Alfea, and he drove us home here. Sheen explained.

He said he will visit later to check on you. He was worried. You were so drunk, Aya. How many hard liquors do you drank, anyway? Sheen added.

Too many to count, I guess. It makes sense how bad my headache was. She ran to the kitchen to fetch some water to drink.

Aya went back to her room, grabbed her phone, and sent MIkhs a message. How are you? Do you want to come over here to Sheen's place?

I better take a shower before Keiro sees me like this, Aya thought. Good thing she kept some of her clothes in her old suite and step into the bathroom. She feels refresh after a warm bath, but her head is still throbbing, and her stomach is making a snarling sound at the same time. She glanced at the time, and it was late afternoon already. No wonder she was hungry.

She peered at her phone once again but still no message from her roommate. Oh, well, better to join her friends in the kitchen, she might reply later.

Aya sees Sheen's parents in the kitchen, busy preparing their food. "Hi, tita and tito, I thought you are abroad for a business trip." Aya kissed both of their cheeks before offering her help.

Hello Iha. Bring those bowls in the dining room so you guys can have your dinner." Sheen's mother responded.

We are going away again tonight, unfortunately. We just wanted to make sure you guys are OK before we head on. Sheen's father added while helping his wife.

So, stay over then guys, we can do a night swim and bond around the pool. Sheen suggested while eating. Uhm mm... mom and dad, all of this meal is superb. Thank you for cooking for us.

Yes, I agree, you are the best cook. Why do I never stick around here? It's not too late anyway, May I? Colete added while munching her food.

Do not talk while your mouth is fool, you look like a rampage panda, yuck. Maloe commented.

This is so good. Please, Tita, Tito, can you adopt me as well? Gwene said, while savouring her dinner.

You sound like have not fed for a year. You all gobble down the meal all at once. Jho could not believe how her friends behave.

Sheen's parents were laughing the way Sheen's friend bantered around in front of them. They can see how close they are. They are glad Sheen and Aya found a group who they can have a good relationship with.

After dinner, the group tried to rest first. They are all gathered in the lounge watching a film. Aya opens her phone and noticed no response yet from Mikhs, which was very unlikely of her. Until Audrey receives a notification. She seems bemused by what she sees. "Oh! Nice to see Mikhs smiling". Aya trying to pry with the comment.