Chapter 5. The Beginning of Friendship

You guys go ahead. I still need to run to the library today. Mikha informing her friends.

When did you learn to use the library? Colet was teasing Mikha and others joined laughing at her. Though, they are aware how intelligent she is, even she didn't study as much.

University girl people. I am serious about this course, so might as well work my brain out. You should do the same if I were you. Mikha challenging her friends.

Whatever Mikhs! Make sure you are studying and not dating, huh? Jho bestowed a questioning look.

Mikha ignores her friend and rushes to the library instead. She scrutinized the library as soon as she walked in. She spotted Aya flicking the file of books at the far end and approached her right off.

Hi! Am I late? Mikha whispered to the girl, who was so focused on reading the book at hand.

Oh, it's you! No, I just arrived a little early. Aya replied.

So, do you have a subject in mind? Mikha asked while placing her stuff in the empty chair.

That is a brilliant question, Mikhs. Finance is a kind of broad topic, good thing our professor gave us freedom to pick our material as long as it strengthens the use of business model. Aya's tapping her right cheek.

Let us search for a company we can interview and find their investment model, and then we can go from there? For the meantime, can we grab a cup of coffee and snack? I am starving. We have 4 weeks to plan this project, anyway. Mikha suggested.

I am telling you Mikha I would rather not cram last minute, and besides, I need to get a good grade on this subject. Aya looks worried already. Until the librarian silence them.

Come on, before the librarian approach us again. Tomorrow will work it out, promised. Mikhs assured her and guided her into the car park.

Wait? Where are we going? Aya expressed with furrowed eyebrows.

Will play hide and seek, then laugh. Joke and made a peace sign while looking at the irritating Aya. Will run to a coffee shop close by. Mikha said, beckoning Aya in her jeep.

I have my car with me as well. Don't tell me I have to leave it here? How am I travelling to get to school tomorrow? Aya is panicking.

Hayysss.... Why are you stressing out? We will just grab something to eat and move back here. Mikha convincing Aya to come with her.

Aya agreed only if she was paying for their snack this time. Mikha has no choice but to surrender on the matter and they left the campus. They went to a place called Little Italy, a coffee chain. The ambience of the store mesmerized Aya. The place is surrounded by shelves of books, and in the middle are set with colourful table, and chairs. It gives a cosy vibe for those who enjoy reading while sitting in a comfy leather chair. They settle on one of the empty counters close to the window. Aya ordered first their drinks and food at the counter.

Mikhs didn't know where she took the courage to drag Aya into her favourite coffee shop? It felt like having a surge of cold water on her body realizing it after. Now, facing each other, they had succumbed to a deafening silence. Until Aya breaks the awkwardness between them and started the conversation.

They discuss how they landed on their courses. Mikhs was just listening most of the time. She found out Aya was the youngest and her eldest brother was in Cebu. She took up Business Management to help in their family business. The two were so engrossed in their discussion, failed to notice how long they were together.

I am sorry. I think we enjoyed talking too much. You might have things to do at home. Mikha stated, displaying a concern voice.

No! Don't apologize. I am glad I met someone like you, together with your friends. At least I know more than my cousin. Aya smiled, revealing her dimples. Mikha was distracted by the smile but composed herself within seconds.

It is late now, and to make it up to you, allow me to send you home. Don't worry, I will call the guards at the university to check on your car. What time is your first subject? Mikha asked with sincerity.

Why are you asking me about my early class? Aya frowning with the question.

How are you going to come to school, then? Mikha looks at Aya with a worried expression.

No. Do not answer that. I will just pick you up. Hop in and type in your address, will you, and we are ready to go? Mikha said, smiling at Aya without hesitation.

I left Aya standing perplexed, but she just nodded. They are supposed to be doing their first project and here they are catching up just like a long-lost acquaintance. She could not fathom how easy to talk to Mikha, but she knew deep in her heart she can be trusted.