Chapter 11. Moving In

Aya, where to put these things, we bought? Colete asked.
Will you leave everything in the lounge first, please? Thank you. Aya said.
What else can we do for you? Sheen added, looking bored.

Aya allocated work to her friends. "Audrey and Sheen, will you buy us some food while the rest assemble the furniture, please? Mikhs and I will paint the room."

This place is far better now than it used to be. Mikhs was amused while scrolling the pallet.
It is because you kept this section as a storage space. I am excited once we are done. Aya said, chirping.

The group continued helping Aya and Mikhs until sundown. After a bountiful dinner and watching a film, the rest of the group left, but Aya stayed longer to finish organizing the place.

Wow, I feel so exhausted. Mikhs slumped on the sofa after declaring it.
We had the adrenaline rush earlier but come to think of it, this room looks astonishing. I can live here forever. Aya joyously blurted it out.

Mikhs felt a stumping tug in her heart after Aya's admission. How it sounds so satisfying, hearing the person who is so dear to you wanting to stay in your place forever. Obviously, she wouldn't tell it out loud in front of her, so instead she replied, "Yes, I must say, we have an interior designer with us to figure things out."

The only downside is you won't be able to spend to this place yet. The smell of enamel will linger for days. If you prefer to move in, you can use the guess room until the smell settled? Mikhs suggested.

Hmm... I haven't packed my stuff, though, but for tonight I will accept the offer. I am too knackered to drive. Aya stated, slumping to the sofa as well.

I will lend you some clothes for you to get to change. Let us rest now. Mikhs lending her hand to pull Aya up and to show her room. Aya could not help but smile at how thoughtful her future roommate was. Another decision she will be grateful for.

Next Day.....
Hey.... You both look like a panda. Sheen pointing at Mikha and Aya, who had just arrived at their usual spot in the cafeteria.

We tried to finish decorating the place and overlooked the time. Aya yawning.
Yap, I am planning to catch more sleep tonight and lie in until midday tomorrow. I can't wait. Mikhs yawned too.

We have a volleyball practice in the morning Mikhs, don't forget? Jho reminded her friends.
Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Mikhs feels gutted about her impending plan.
I will make sure she will rest early tonight Jho, no more video games, Mikhs. Aya smiled.

Looks like you have an instant yaya their buddy. Gwene's tapping Mikhs shoulder while the others are laughing at her statement.

Do I look like a yaya to you? Excuse me, this face looks like a beauty queen. Aya glaring with a crossed arm.
No, you sound like a lost cat. Jho responded, sneering at Aya's expression.

The group throwing their continuous banters against each other. Mikhs feel so alive and light, seeing them getting on so well. She was thinking, how maturity is not sinking in yet within them. She is discreetly smiling on the side while looking at her friends. How she wanted for them to stay this close to each other as long as they live.