Chapter 13. The Game

Hey.... Wake up. Today is the big day. Aya is trying to awaken Mikhs.

Five more minutes, please. Mikhs requested. Aya has no choice but to smash 2 pans together. Mikha stumbled on the floor, hearing the sound.

Ouch..... What was that one for? Mikha retorted, touching her bottom. Aya could not stop laughing, seeing the state of her roommate.

Sorry, but you need to get up. Come on, I prepared your favourite French toast and bacon.

I feel like my bum will bruise later on. It feels like I won't be able to play the game today. Mikhs still caressing her behind, manifesting difficulty to bear up.

Your bed is not as high. Let me help you stand up. Aya explained, looks a bit concerned in case Mikhs could not function well in the game.

Mikhs held her hand but pull her in. Aya lost her balance and stumbled in front of Mikhs. Opppppsss..... Eyyy.... Their faces inch apart, Mikhs grabbed her waist to steady her fall and sat sideways on top of her.

Are you alright.... hahhahahha..... Karma is quick, huh... Though Mikhs laughing at her friend, she engulfed Aya for a hug. Aya feels Mikhs breath radiating through her neck. A warm blood gushing through her vein, causing her cheeks to blush. But ignores it and caress Mikhs arms.

Hey, Are you alright? Aya's voice softens. She can feel the anxiety of her roommate.
Yes, I am great. I am just worried. This is our last game before we graduate, I just hope we wins. Mikhs removed herself from the embrace and looks at her best friend.

I am sure you guys will do wonderful. Besides, you have the whole troops to support you. But meanwhile, you need to get ready. Aya gets up to break herself from the unknown force she felt earlier.

Thank you for waking me up and for the breakfast. I owe you one. Mikha answered with a big smile.

At the game. So, guys, are you ready to win today's match? Let us make sure we put all our energy in the court and enjoy this game, OK. Mikhs started as a Team Captain.

Yap yap yap.... Ayeeey heyyyy.... Captain. The squad responded in unison.

So how are you fellows (pertaining to Colete, Jho and Gwene)? Are you ready to take the challenge against our opponent? Mikha asked, hopeful for their win.

Of course, we do. Let us show them how we kill in this game. Colete bragging.
I can see our victory and party night later on. Jho added.
Yes, free food and drinks from one and only Team Captain here. Gwene saying it out loud.

Hello! We need to win first. Let's do some work in the court, shall we? Mikha smiles at her teammate's confidence. Her eyes wandered at the bleacher and spotted their friends. She found Aya waving, mouthing "good luck". Mikha smiled and suddenly feels energized.

Tie breaker set, everyone is holding their breath. Aya is uttering her prayer for their player to get the last score. She can see her friends are exhausted, dripping with sweats.

Mikha is on the serving side, dribbling the ball. After hearing the whistle, she strikes the ball like a thunder. It was so sharp that it ended on the floor of the opponent, gaining their advantage point.

The entire gymnasium is screaming for their win. Mikha's teammate lifted her into the air, congratulating for their victory. Their friends run to join at their moment. Aya rushed and hugged Mikha as soon as she saw her within the crowd.

Opppss...wait a minute, I am so sweaty. Mikha is trying to stop Aya, but she held her even more. She started whimpering.

Hey. Why are you crying? We won the game. Mikha caressing her back and wiping her tears.
Tears of joy, I guess. I am so proud of you. Aya is drying her face with the towel she brought with her.

Eheem... eheem... Sorry to cut your moment, Captain. But we needed to celebrate our victory. Colet interrupted.
Yes, of course. Let's go team. Mikha and Aya felt conscious and made some distance. Their eyes meet and shared a candid smile. Colete notices the subtle glances of her two friends. She was just glad Mikhs opened up to let other people in.