Chapter 44

(YES GUYS, I KNOW THAT IN THE BOOKS ROSE THOUGHT THAT KIROVA LOOKED LIKE A VULTURE. BUT I CHANGED IT BECAUSE I LOOKED AT PICTURES OF BIRDS BEAKS. AND A SHOEBILL'S WAS EVEN FARTHER OUT THERE THAN A VULTURE'S.)

She also laughed just as hysterically as I did. Apparently, my mother has a pretty damn good sense of humor. Who, the fuck knew?

"Yes. And she has never forgiven me for that. Every time that she looks in the mirror, she sees what I SUPPOSEDLY did to her. When I signed you up for the academy, I had no idea that she was about to become the new headmistress. I only knew that Alberta worked there and that she would watch over you and keep you safe. If I had known that Kirova was going to be there, then I would have taken you to St. Basil's. So, it's because of me that she has always treated you in the deplorable manner in which she always has."

"Does Stan have a reason why he treats me like a blood whore? I mean he has even called me that a few times. I mean he hasn't actually come out and said, 'you are a blood whore' but he has definitely alluded to the fact that he thinks that I am or that I will become a blood whore."

"Asshole." She mumbled.

"And yes, he treats you that way because he is a jealous fucking prat. He has always been that way, even when we were all at the academies. Of course, he didn't go to the same academy that Alberta, Kirova and I went to. But according to what I have heard, from people that he did go to the same academy as. He has always acted the very same way to fellow novices who were already better guardians than he was. Especially the female novices. Of course, you were a better guardian than what he is now, before you ever even learned to walk or talk. So just don't let that jealous prat get to you baby."

"Thanks, mom."

"Of course, baby. Well, I need to go there are some other people that want to talk to you before you wake up. Oh, and Rose..."

"Yes?"

"I like Dimitri, he's good for you. You are not only good together, but you are good for each other. I whole heartedly approve of and agree with the two of you being together. Just be sure to always talk out your problems, don't run from them because they will still be there when you come back. Don't ever go to bed angry, even if you have to stay up for a few days. If you have to go to bed, still sleep in each other's arms. Don't take your anger to your marriage bed, that is a sacred place solely of love. Always make sure that you tell each other several times a day every day that you love each other. Even if you are angry and fighting. Don't ever take each other or what you have together for granted. Because very few people in this world have ever or will ever be blessed enough to find what you and Dimitri have together. So, make sure that you always take care of it, nurture and support it and each other. And just so you know, I will be walking down the aisle right by your side when you marry Dimitri baby."

I started to cry and hugged my mother.

"Thank you, mom, thank you so much."

She brushed the hair back from my face. "Of course, baby."

"I love you mom."

"I love you too baby. Would you please apologize to your father for me? Tell him that I am sorry that I ran I was just SOOOO afraid for you and what could happen to you."

"I understand now mom and I know that baba will too." (daddy)

"I hope so. And I don't want you to worry about Tasha Ozera because you, Dimitri, your father and one of the guardians that he is sending to protect you. Are going to change her entire world forever."