Chapter 21

"Don't, Sonja." She said firmly with a reprimand in her eyes. Making my sestra look back down at her plate and shut her mouth with a snap. (sister)

"Please continue, Roza." My babushka said then. (grandmother)

"After she signed over her parental rights of me to the academy, I have seen her a grand total of three times. And all three of those were accidents."

My family gasped, even Sonja's eyes went wide. I'd had no idea that Janine had not visited her more often than that, or at all apparently, this was yet another disgrace on her part. I just shook my head in disappointment at Janine's actions.

"Anyway, when I was fifteen, I was in the same car accidents that killed most of the Dragomir's. In that crash I was also killed..."

That was where there were more and louder gasps from the adults, or almost adults in Vika's case. Although, thankfully, neither one of the children were old enough to understand what any of this meant. I didn't want them to be afraid of Roza moya for any reason. (my)

"My best friend and nonbiological sestra, Princess Vasilissa Dragomir..." (sister)

Sonja scoffed, "yeah right, you know a princess."

"Yes, she most certainly does! They are and have been best friends, more like sestry, since before they were even five years old." I assured my own sestra furiously. (sisters, sister)

"Don't make comments on and assumptions about things that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about Sonja. Because I absolutely won't stand for it. Not where Roza moya is concerned, not now, not ever. Not from anyone. So, make very sure that you don't ever forget that sestra." (my, sister)

She looked stunned that I would reprimand her in favor of Roza moya. But she shut her mouth, with a pout this time, at least for right now. (my)

Roza cleared her throat and continued her story. "Um anyway, Lissa used her special magic which is called spirit and brought me back to life. About three months after the crash, I had to take Lissa away from the academy because someone was trying to get to her. They were covertly torturing, threatening, and tormenting her..."

"How?" Vika asked.

'Would she ever stop interrupting and just listen?' I asked myself.

"Well, things in her room would come up missing and things that didn't belong in there were continuously showing up. There were more than a few threatening messages taped to her door. And twice someone actually got into her room and wrote threatening notes on her walls in blood. Telling her that they would 'have her' and that she would do what they wanted her to do, or she would regret it. Then there was one just like that after we came back to the academy, saying that if she didn't leave again and stay gone this time. That they would get their hands on her, and she would do whatever they wanted her to. To go along with those poor slaughtered, shattered, and bloody animals that they left on her be. Some of those animals were not even full dead when he left them on her bed. She had to watch a few of them struggle to take their last breath. But she did try to save some of them. But some of them... Well, it was just far too late for them. And since she had no idea how she managed to heal and save me, she was unable to save or revive those poor animals."

Everyone gasped again.

"The poor princess." Vika responded. She is so sweet and tender hearted, when she's not showing her public persona. Just like my Roza. But I wonder how she thinks that she will ever be able to be a guardian with her heart so soft. Even though Roza moya has an exceptionally soft heart, she also has a hard side to her. Thanks to Janine Hathaway treatment and mistreatment of lyubov' moya. (my love)