CHAPTER 39: Storm Rising

Azure Lane Task Force

June 14, 1942

11:00 AM

Lucas gives a little motivational speech. "Okay, ladies today we face our adversaries in their own backyard and kick their asses like there's no fuckin tomorrow. Do you understand me, ladies?!"

"Yes, Sir...." A forceful bored respond coming from the Cleveland Sisters.

"Yes, that doesn't mean you have to yell every time you speak." Montpelier retorted back.

"Well, at least it's a good speech." Columbia spoke.

"Okay. That's enough girls...." Cleveland tries to stop Montpelier from getting in trouble, because her sister and Lucas is like a dogs and cats, always head-butting with each other.

"Could you please help me here. I'm having trouble with my Kevlar Vest." Cleveland is having trouble putting her Kevlar Vest, as she put it on. Her sisters quickly rushes to her to aid."

Lucas hold his brows and sighs, a sound of disappointment reverberated from his voice. "Does any of you remember the basic training, that last day?"

The Cleveland sisters were silent as they remember the hellish training and berating insults from Lucas. Lucas goes on full Gunnery Sargent Hartman on the Clevelands at their basic training.

~Flashback~

Cleveland Sisters formed in formation, as they heard the footsteps coming at the closed doors of the hallway. Every steps he took synchronized at the sister's heart rate. Then the door swings open revealing Lucas in his Drill Sargent Attire while he exerts an aura of authority in the room.

 Then the door swings open revealing Lucas in his Drill Sargent Attire while he exerts an aura of authority in the room

"I am Gunnery Sargent Lucas, your Senior Drill instructor... from now on you only speak when only spoken to. And the last and first words out from your fifty sewers will be Sir. Do you maggots understand that?!"