CHAPTER 37: Rolling thunder

Sakura Empire Territorial Waters

June 14, 1942

9:00 AM

CVN-80 USS Enterprise launches four F/A-18 Super Hornets armed with Ground attack bomb. Hornets race towards the Empire, as the other F/A-18's armed with cluster munitions and GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb.

LHA-12 USS Essex launches F-35B in beast mode configuration armed with Anti-Ship Missile and Paveway Bombs. The airborne F-35's race alongside the Hornets as it flew toward their intended targets.

"This feels like RIMPAC, but it's more real now, huh?" Essex-12 remarks. As she watches the launches in her ships bridge.

"Don't get carried away, this is real combat. Get serious will yah." Enterprise-80 spoke at comms she's currently in her ships CIC, as she over-look the entire operation.

"Yes, Ma'am." Essex-12 replies.

CGN-76 USS Bunker and DDG-200 USS Laffey VLS Cells opens-up. Smoke comes-out at the exhaust of the VLC Cells as streaks of BGM-109 Tomahawks flew out the canister and followed by another Tomahawks.

160 BGM-109 Tomahawk Cruise Missile skims above the ocean to avoid detection, even though aerial Supremacy is established within seconds, as the US Navy jets shooting freedom at the sky.

Azur Lane Carrier launches their own planes for the second strike at the Empire. Dive Bomber and Fighter armed with one 500lbd bomb. Enterprise-80 dispatch few E/A-18 Growler to provide ECM's at the squadron of Azur Lane planes.

Enterprise-6 looked up and gawked at the sheer striking power that is about to fell upon the Empire. "This Striking force...is quite.... Overkill." She exclaimed, as she watches a barrage of Tomahawk flew towards the Empire.