CHAPTER 38: The Fight that was Heard Around the World

Azur Lane Base, Pearl Harbor

June 14, 1942

10:00 AM

Adm. Nimitz and Adm. Philips are waiting for any transmission from the Task Force that was sent to Sakuran territorial waters.

Adm. Nimitz is sitting in the Chair as he waits, he gazed at the bulky and boxy Analog Computer with spinning tape reels. Adm. Philips walking back and forth as both of them are anticipating a good news. Or worst Bad news.

The Radio Operator spoke. "Admiral, we just receive an urgent transmission from the Task Force."

Both Adm. Nimitz and Adm. Philips shifted their attention at the Radio Operator. Adm. Philips sprinted to the position of the Radio Operator, and spoke. "What does it says?" he asks with a concern and urgency in his voice.

"It say that the CVN-80USS Enterprise strike first at the Sakura Empire's valuable infrastructure's like Sakura Empire's Military Supply lines were destroyed Military Bases are and Factories are also destroyed. Half of Sakuran Military High-Ranks are dead, and...." The Radio Operator stops for a bit.

"and, What?!" Adm. Philips asks in anticipation of any good news.

Adm. Nimitz spoke. "give him a room to speak, you're making him more uncomfortable, Sir Philips."

Adm. Philips back-off a bit to give the Radio Operator a room to speak.

The Radio Operator clears his throat. "Project Orochi awakens to early than they predicted, and now it's in an 100% operational. They are now planning to counter it with their 'conventional' weaponry."

The expression of the two Admirals darkens as they hear a bad news. This is not the news they are waiting.

"Should we sent this to D.C.?" the Radio Operator asks.

"Yes. Send it. And also sent a transmission to Cmdr. Helen. I want her and New Jersey's Task Force to rendezvous with Enterprise Task Force. And tell her time is a matter of fact." Adm. Nimitz said.

"Yes, Sir." The Radio Operator then starts transmitting radio signals at D.C. and separate transmission for Cmdr. Elena and New Jersey Task Force.

"Should we tell this report to, Yorktown?" Adm. Philips asks.

Adm. Nimitz ponders at his next decision. "No. she, too stressed at office as takes care of the documents and telling some bad news will deteriorate her condition even more."

White House, Washington D.C.

Battleship Washington walks through the hallway of the White House as she heads to the Oval Office to inform the President of the Operation. She opens the door of the Oval Office, as every High-Ranking Officials are seating at the couch while discussing the current Operation.

"What is it Washington?" FDR asks, as they all stop conversing and look at her.

"It's about the Current Operation that is being conducted by Enterprise Task Force. Emperor Hirohito refuses our demands and chooses to fight us instead." Washington reads the report.

"What about Enterprise and her Task Force?" Gen. Eisenhower asks.

Washington continues her report. "Enterprise conducted the first strike as the diplomatic talks broke down. She targeted the Military Supply lines, Military Bases, Ammunition Storages, Fuel Depots and Military Factories throughout the island Nation. And also Orochi awakens to early than they anticipated."