Chapter 16: When Gods Won't Help, I Will

"Everyone, pick up the pace. We are an elite team after all," EeDeChi shouted as she hopped off the center of the teleportation array, casting a disapproving look at a few teammates who stumbled along behind her.

Surrounded by towering stone pillars embedded with palm-sized magic crystals, magical energy flowed through the grooves carved into the pillars, emitting a ghostly blue light that shimmered like a starry galaxy. This was the central teleportation hub in the capital of the Baharuth Empire.

The reason they could instantly travel from Golden Sheaf City on the border to the capital of the Baharuth Empire was thanks to EeDeChi's decision to splurge a significant amount of money to use the magical teleportation array, despite objections.

Teleportation arrays, the quickest and most expensive means of transportation in this world, were typically only accessible to nobles and high-tier magic casters. Of course, anyone with enough gold could experience the thrill of instantaneous travel.

EeDeChi had originally planned to jump from the empire's border directly to a point near the Sorcerer Kingdom, but budget constraints meant they only made it as far as the empire's capital.

Teleportation worked by using massive magical power to warp space, creating a narrow transit tunnel that squeezed individuals or objects through it, pushing them out into another space. For ordinary people, teleportation felt like being torn apart, both body and soul, an extremely unpleasant sensation.

However, EeDeChi bounced off the teleportation array still lively, whereas Barrett, Sean, and Stella staggered about as if they were drunk.

Stella, with the weakest constitution, slumped in a chair in the teleportation hall, her hands trembling as she cast a 2nd Tier Divine Magic spell, "Gaia's Smile," which finally helped her catch her breath. She then cast blessing spells on Sean and Barrett, helping them gradually recover.

EeDeChi watched with interest as Stella, dressed in a cleric's short skirt, chanted Divine Magic spells. She appreciated her skills but shook his head and commented, "Stella, your outfit is too frivolous, not suitable for our team."

"What?" Stella responded, looking puzzled as she held a holy symbol in her hand. "But this is the standard attire for female clerics and priestesses."

Her outfit, a well-fitted clerical uniform striped in blue and gold, perfectly highlighted her shapely figure. Her chestnut soft shoulder-length hair peeped out from under a cream-colored cloth hat, and she wore a pair of white deer leather boots, holding a magic wand, looking every bit the pitiable young maiden. No wonder Sean was so attentive to her, constantly fussing around her.

EeDeChi glanced around at the other adventurers and slapped her forehead, "Right, this is an isekai, no wonder all the female clerics, priestesses, and warriors dress like they're cosplaying, with such revealing and frivolous clothes! It would be different if this were Dungeons & Dragons."

"What are isekai and cosplay?" Stella asked curiously, batting her eyelashes as Sean leaned in to listen to EeDeChi's somewhat incomprehensible remarks.

Barrett, however, had grown accustomed to EeDeChi's strange expressions and continued to check his backpack's equipment without comment.

EeDeChi waved his hand dismissively, "Never mind, you wouldn't understand. Just know that you need to take off these frivolous clothes and beef up your defenses. Start with a full set of armor and chainmail undergarments, and don't forget a bucket helmet that covers the whole head, leaving only two slits for the eyes."

"Oh, Gaia above, but I'm a cleric, not a heavy-armored warrior," Stella protested with a pitiful look after hearing EeDeChi's description of the armor.

"I'm the captain, and you need to follow my orders, and this is for your own good," EeDeChi stepped forward, closing in on Stella.