Chapter 15: A Day in the Life of Ainz Ooal Gown

In the spacious and luxurious circular room, the floor was covered with a layer of pale golden velvet carpet over the black polished marble. The immaculate walls were adorned with elegant sky-blue carvings, decorated with golden lily patterns.

The arched ceiling was painted with lavish and intricate frescoes, and beneath the dome hung a grand twelve-arm crystal chandelier. The room exuded a blend of romance and solemnity, showcasing opulence and grandeur.

One might mistakenly think this was the imperial palace where the Emperor of the Baharuth Empire met with his ministers, but the large, red sandalwood bed, gilded and large enough to accommodate five people, in the center of the room revealed that it was, in fact, just a bedroom.

A skeleton dressed in off-white silk pajamas lay quietly on the silk bed.

It seemed that the skeleton would remain lying in this luxurious bedroom indefinitely, but suddenly, two crimson lights flared up from the dark eye sockets of the skeleton's head, piercing through the quiet darkness of the room.

Ainz Ooal Gown had awoken. Of course, it wasn't quite accurate to say he had "awoken," as Ainz, being an undead, no longer required sleep. The routine of lying down at night and sitting up in the morning was merely a continuation of his biological clock from when he was human before crossing into this world.

After all, he was a transmigrator who had become an undead. He had yet to fully correct some of his human habits. Besides, during the long nights, he had nothing else to do but lie in bed and let his thoughts drift in meditation.

The subordinates of the Great Tomb of Nazarick were adept at both combat and governance, so Ainz had little state affairs to handle.

Although his loyal subordinates frequently sought his guidance with great reverence, Ainz could only offer symbolic advice.

As a former mediocre office worker now commanding hundreds of capable subordinates in the Great Tomb of Nazarick, it was somewhat overwhelming.

However, thanks to the powerful capabilities of his subordinates, the conquest of the world continued smoothly.

Since Ainz had used the Super-Tier Magic "Iä Shub-Niggurath" to annihilate 180,000 soldiers of the Kingdom Army within an hour, the two major human nations, the Re-Estize Kingdom and the Baharuth Empire, had successively submitted to the Sorcerer Kingdom he founded and willingly became its vassal states.

The Re-Estize Kingdom's submission to Ainz was understandable, given that the kingdom's main army had been almost entirely wiped out, and even the crown prince had been killed. But why would the Baharuth Empire voluntarily seek to become a vassal state? This left Ainz quite perplexed.

After the one-sided massacre of the kingdom's army ended, Ainz had taken the initiative to visit the capital of the Baharuth Empire, planning to spar with the arena champion, the Martial King, to show goodwill towards Emperor Jircniv of the Baharuth Empire. However, after the duel, Emperor Jircniv, trembling with fear, had requested to become a vassal state, leaving Ainz bewildered.

Ainz had originally intended to befriend Jircniv, to learn about the demeanor of a ruler and statecraft. It seemed now that this was no longer possible.

Reflecting on the past events, Ainz sighed lightly, got out of bed, and pulled open the collar of his silk pajamas, preparing to put on his outer robe. Seeing the black and red embroidered robe on the hanger, which was enchanted to never get dirty, he suddenly decided he wanted a change of clothes.

Ainz pressed a magic bell on the desk to call in the maid Yuri Alpha.

"Ding~" The bell rang, but before Ainz could give his instructions, the bedroom door was slammed open. A light, pure white figure dashed into the room, unfurled her black wings, and flew straight towards Ainz by the bed.