Chapter Ten : Entering Mistwood

After paying a deposit of 50 gold coins to EeDeChi, the Adventurer's Guild acted as a notary for them, signing a contract with magical imprints. Barrett became EeDeChi's guide, responsible for safely leading her out of Mistwood and to Golden Sheaf City.

The contract was accompanied by an unbreakable curse. If Barrett tore up the contract and shirked his duties as a guide, the Third Tier magic "Blood Curse" would follow him for the rest of his life.

It was a sunny and beautiful morning in Montell City. Following Barrett's prepared list of supplies, EeDeChi and he each went to the market in the city and the weapons shop opened by the Adventurer's Guild to purchase supplies.

Since witnessing EeDeChi's formidable strength in defeating Wood, Barrett was very confident in her abilities.

It wasn't until noon when the two met as agreed that Barrett sadly discovered that his fellow elite adventurer, who was one level higher than him in Orichalcum rank, had been swindled into a fool by an unscrupulous merchant.

"The luminous potion you bought..." Barrett picked up a delicate glass bottle engraved with the image of an owl, seemingly filled with a bottle of deep blue potion.

He unscrewed the bottle cap and poured all the potion into another transparent small bottle, only to find that the potion was just a faint light blue, while the original exquisite owl glass bottle remained deep blue.

"You've been fooled! This glass bottle was just dyed deep blue, and the luminous potion inside is all inferior light blue." Barrett shook his head, then picked up a coil of steel wire and pulled it hard, causing the entire coil of wire to scatter and fall apart.

"This double-stranded wire is fake too, and this healing potion is actually green! It's obviously fake. And this steel multi-blade dagger is magically plated steel, and this glowstone, and this... and this... and this..."

As Barrett spoke, he tossed the things EeDeChi had bought outside the package like garbage.

With her large-sized heavy sword on her back, EeDeChi squatted on the ground with a blush on her face, burying her head in her arms and feeling too embarrassed to lift it up.

Actually, it's not entirely her fault. Our EeDeChi, although she is a Orichalcum level High-tier adventurer, has only been in this world for just over two months.

In terms of killing high-level monsters and enemies, she can indeed be called Orichalcum level, but in terms of adventurer experience, she is probably not even as good as the lowest Copper level.

After all, Copper level adventurers are natives of this world, unlike EeDeChi, who is a newcomer, and apart from language, she doesn't understand anything else.

Moreover, the merchants selling things in Montell City all have almost the same Justice Value, to be precise, they are all equally low. EeDeChi couldn't tell which one was an honest merchant and which one was a dishonest one.

Barrett picked up a bottle of pale yellow vitality potion and watched as the pale yellow substance in the potion gradually settled into a lump in the bottle, shaking his head inwardly.

He decided to teach this adventurer who was one level higher than him some basic knowledge: "As someone with no discernment like you, try not to buy things from the big tents of Gyxiya in the future. Eight out of ten Gyxiya are dishonest merchants, and the other two are thieves and fortune-tellers. How to distinguish Gyxiya? Those big tents with the yellow seven-star logo are Gyxiya. Of course, some Gyxiya don't even hang logos on their big tents. At this time, you have to observe carefully, whether the big tent has a high, red flowy top or whether the guy selling things has a rolled tongue accent from the City Alliance in the north..."