Love Lost, Love Found

(Aragorn POV)

My heart was pounding as I held onto Legolas' hand. His pale flesh felt cold to me, and it frightened me to think of what is going to happen. He looked even paler than he already was. Thranduil looked at his son blankly. There was no emotion in his eyes, but I knew that he was worried. Everyone was silent, and that worried me the most. Why is nobody saying anything? Why is nobody doing anything? I closed my eyes as tears tried to escape, and it worked for a while. It felt like all I was doing was crying and not talking.

~~~~~

A huge smile was on my face as I thought of Legolas coming back to Gondor. Thranduil had sent word about three days ago, so they should be at any time. It felt like forever before they got here. Who knew three days could feel so long? I would spend those days getting ready for their arrival by getting meals planned a so forth. I had never felt so nervous, even after I had kissed Legolas for the first time. The smile somehow grew larger as I continued to think.

"Hello m'lord," a voice said behind me. I turned to see one of the palace guards walking up to me.

"Hello Zachery," I nodded with a smile. My smile fell when I saw the look on his face. He looked scared, and I had no reason as to why.

"Something has happened..." He stopped, looking at the tips of his polished boots. I walked closer to him, a worried feeling coursing through my body.

"What happened?" I questioned, making him look up into my eyes. I wanted to know what had happened, but this man was not listening to me. He still did not look at me, and I shook his shoulders. "ZACHERY! WHAT HAPPENED?"

He flinched when I yelled, but he finally looked up at me. "It's Legolas sir..." He said in a small voice. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach thinking of what might have happened. "One of the squads frond him not that far from Gondor. He was wounded pretty bad, and has lost a lot of blood. Gandalf sent me to fetch you m'lord."

I let go of his shoulders, and my eyes went to the ground. "Lead me..." I said in a small, sad voice. I could not look at the guard in front of me as he lead me to our small hospital. The entire way there, the guard kept his back to me. He did not try to make small talk, because he looked about as scared as I felt. The walk felt longer today than it normally would. No one stopped us along the way because of the look on my face. I must have looked dead to those who just glanced at me.

Once we got to the hospital, I ran to where I saw Legolas and Gandalf were. Legolas looked pale, and Gandalf just continued to look at Legolas. When Gandalf noticed me, he quickly stood up and came to my side. Legolas' shirt was off, and he had a bandage wrapped around his torso. I brought my hand up to cover my mouth, hoping to cover up the small sob that broke through.

"Aragorn, you have to remain calm," Gandalf said softly, grabbing onto my arm. I shook slightly, trying to hold back everything that I was feeling.

"What happened?" I asked in a small voice, my throat slightly cracking. Tears were welling from my eyes, and I sat down hard in the seat that was once occupied by Gandalf. It felt as if my world was falling apart again. First I thought I lost him in those woods, now again it feels as if I was losing him again.

"There were orks around him," Gandalf told me, sitting in a chair opposite me. "He must have been attacked on his way to Gondor. Thranduil and Suiadan were not with him, so he must have traveled out on his own. He was found the only one who had survived by him."

I leaned my elbows on my knees as I looked at my lover in front of me. I refused to cry. Gandalf was able to help him, so he would be fine. "Where are they?"I asked him.

"Who? Thranduil and Suiadan? They should be here at any moment," Gandalf told me with sadness in his voice. "I have a feeling that Thranduil will not want his son out of his sight for a while." He chuckled softly. Despite everything that was happening, a small smile spread across my face.

I heard running footsteps coming towards us, and I saw Thranduil bursting through the door. Once his eyes reached where we were, he ran towards us.

"Thranduil," Gandalf said, putting his hand on the tall man's shoulder. He calmed down to look at him, and could tell that he was in good hands. "He is fine, just a little banged up."

Thranduil looked down at his feet, and then back up to me. "He rode away from us because of you..." He told me in a deathly whisper. "He wanted to make it to you, and now he is laying in a bed with a stab wound through his side! It was all because of you!"

"Calm down m'lord!" Suiadan said, quickly coming to Thranduil's side. "It is not Lord Aragorn's fault. Lord Legolas wanted to be with him, and it was not Aragorn's fault that this happened."

"Fine..." Thranduil said, sitting down in a chair next to the bed.

"He will wake up in a few hours," Gandalf told us, sitting in his chair. "We just have to sit and wait. Aragorn, he is fine and will be fine. Do not worry."

~~~~~

It felt like forever until I felt Legolas' hand tighten in mine. I opened my eyes quickly, and I saw the blue eyes of my lover staring into my grey ones. A smile lit my lips as I brought his hand to my lips. He smiled back at me, and I could feel tears of joy leave my eyes. "Hello," I said, unable to think of anything else to say.

"Hi," Legolas replied back, sitting up and leaning towards me. He winced slightly at the pain in his side, but he brought himself closer me. "I missed you." He had a slight blush in his cheeks, and I could feel my cheeks heating up also.

"I missed you too," I said. I did not realize that everyone had left the room, and it was quiet in the room. I learned quickly forward and brought our lips together. He did not hesitate to kiss back, and everything felt right.

~~~~~

Author's Note 

Hey guys....

Please do not hate me! A lot has happened, but I really have no reason as to why I have not typed anything recently... I have yet to get a new laptop, and I just finished my college class! Plus, my basement flooded last week, and one of the rooms messed with was mine. There was water everywhere, and I have no room to live in now. Soon I will be getting a new laptop, and be getting my room back. PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME! I might be ending this story soon, so thanks to all of y'all who have supported me. I hope this chapter wasn't awful for you guys... 

Thanks! 

Abby

P.S. Please continue to like, comment, and all that jazz!