Chapter 17

Author's POV

In Chiang Mai

"I. Hate. You", Porchay said in a seething voice.

"What have I done to you son that makes you hate me so much?", asked Pat. Porchay clenched his fists, his anger boiling anger.

"I don't want to talk to you", Porchay said through gritted teeth. "P'POND!!"

Pond immediately ran inside the room and saw the tense atmosphere between Pat and Porchay.

"Khab?", Pond said.

"Why have you brought me here?", asked Porchay. "If I knew you were taking me to meet this man I would have not even stepped in the car."

"But Khun---", Pond tried speaking but Porchay interrupted.

"I already have a shit life back in Bangkok and coming with you was my temporary solution also a great chance to get out of that hell." Porchay said. "I thought what worse could happen after what was happening with but I never expected this."

"Chay, listen", Pat said softly.

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO", Porchay shouted. "You seriously don't know what I and my mother been through these past years. You weren't there for my mother when she needed you the most."

"Khun Porchay, we are sorry for what you been through", Pond said. "The past is gone, now let's think about the future"

Porchay looked at him for few seconds before laughing hysterically.

"You rich people really don't think about other's feelings, is it?", Porchay asked. "Other people are like toys to you, aren't they? You play with them, give them false hope so they'll stay with you until you're satisfied, and then later you discard them as if they mean nothing to you!"

"Son, I brought you here not to throw you away.", Pat said. "I have been searching for you for a long time."

"Really? That's a horrible excuse", Porchay said. "If you hadn't left my mom, you wouldn't have had to search for me!"

"Porchay I am sorry for hurting you but at that time Namphueng and I had no choice but to separate to save your lives", Pat said. "We loved you both the most in this world. Namphueng wanted to save you and your brother from---"

"Wait. Wait. What?", Porchay asked. "Brother? I have a brother?"

Pat looked at him and sighed slowly before continuing, "Yes, Chay. You had an older brother."

"Huh? Where is he now? How old is he? What's his name?", Porchay bombarded Pat with questions.

Pat looked at Pond and nodded, signalling him to continue the conversation. He then walked to his desk and opened the drawer and picked up a notebook.

While Pond looked at Porchay and said, "You had an older brother named Porsche. He was the first born of the Kittisawasd family."

"What do you mean by 'was'?", Porchay asked.

"Um...he...", pond hesitated. "He..."

"He died in a car accident.", Pat said as he walked towards Porchay with a photo in his hand.

Porchay looked at him in shock, while his father handed him a photo.

"This is your brother, Porsche.", Pat said as he gave the photo to Porchay.

", Pat said as he gave the photo to Porchay