𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟑𝟏

"Can I talk to you?" Hanma questions, looking like he cried while dried blood sticks to his face. All over he looks pretty beaten up, mentally and physically. You stare at him with widened eyes, panic flares inside of your chest as he's the last person you want to talk to right now "No!!", instantly trying to slam the door shut but he's quick to force the door open, invading your home and grabbing you by your upper arms.

The door falls shut behind you two while you're screaming and pushing against him. But he has such a tight grip on you that you both topple over and you land on the floor with him on top of you. He kneels over you, straddling you while holding you down and preventing you from escaping him. In the light you can clearly see now that he really must've been crying earlier as his eyes are red and puffy. That he's so bruised up, leaves you to guess that Draken got him while Takemichi hopefully took care of Kisaki.

Vigorously shaking your head as you gasp for air, feeling suffocated by him "L- leave me alone!" "Just listen to me!" He urges, shaking you a little but it just makes you yelp "Stop, Shuji!"

"I- I just wanna talk!" He presses further before he lets his head drop to his chest, knitting his eyebrows and mumbling "Kisaki is dead", you don't feel anything because seriously, why would you? You struggle to get the words out but you still manage to snap "And?! Everything is his fault and you're not innocent either in that matter!" "I wanna tell you the truth.." he suddenly said while slowly letting go of you, letting you sit up.

You suck in a sharp breath, your heart racing like your thoughts "What?", before exclaiming "About what?! That you're a fucking asshole who helped another asshole kill Emma - my friend - and also killed Izana? Almost killed Kakucho?" "Kakucho is alive?" He asks, not being fazed about your yelling. Staring at him before you try to scoot away from him and scramble back to your feet to kick him out of your home.

Once more Hanma grabs you, pushing you onto your back and pinning you down while tears well up in your eyes as you cry out "Let me go!!", but he doesn't do what you told him "Listen to me, [Y/n]!" "No, please, stop it!" You get so desperate to get him away from you that you literally start begging him to leave you alone. His hands leave your arms but now cup your face, trying to wipe your tears away "Don't cry! I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise" "Go away!" you attempt to swat his hands away, so he simply takes yours into his ones, not budging "Please, [Y/n]!"

"Kisaki wanted to use you because you're a Haitani and your brothers listen to you, vice versa" he ignores how you try to fight him off, pinning your wrists next to your head. Continuing to talk despite not knowing if you actually hear everything he's saying "He was ready to get rid of you and he also turned everything, so you wouldn't find out that he and Izana were planning to kill Emma because he knew you'd somehow wreck his plan. And after Izana told the story about you, the way you made yourself a name, he immediately wanted to get rid of you and your brothers too if he had to. He saw you as a threat!", chuckling lightly at that while you stare at him in slight horror "You pissed him greatly off, you know?"

"You kept moving unpredictable and he just wasn't able to manipulate you, not being able to calculate your next moves. He didn't take your temper in account nor did he ever thought you'd become a heavenly king, simply because he doesn't know you" he states before saying something that catches you completely off guard "You and him actually have a lot in common, you know"

Knitting your eyebrows, you stare at him in disbelief "What- what did you just say?", then you start screaming and don't give him any time to say something "I am nothing like Kisaki! I didn't do that shit to get to the fucking top, as if I care about the damn delinquent world! How fucking dare you to compare me to him?!"

He stays silent, saying nothing as he just looks at you with an unreadable face and still holding you down. You grind your teeth and lock eyes with him "How long?" "What?" "For how long was Kisaki trying to get to me? Is this why you started talking to me?! That night when we met at the bus station? The night where Draken got stabbed, which was also Kisaki's fault by the way?" You demand to know and he shakes his head "No. He wanted to use you after he found out we are close but I know you. I told-" "What?! You don't know me, Hanma!" you snap at him "Let me go now!! Or I'll scream, the walls ain't that thick that the neighbors won't hear me!"