𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟒

August 3rd, 2005

You lay on your stomach and watch Tv on the couch before Ran suddenly stands next to you and looks down on your form "[Y/n]?" "Mmh?" You just hum, not even looking up to him as you're rather concentrated on the movie "Did you know Marilyn Manson plays in 'Jawbreaker'? Ugh, I don't know what it is but that motherfucker is giving me the creeps.."

"I wanted to let you know that I'm heading out" he tells you, causing you to sit up "Huh?" "I'm meeting up with Rindou and some others, a'right?" He repeats and you squint your eyes at him "Okay.." "What's wrong?" "Nothing" you shake your head. He raises an eyebrow at you before he pats your head and turns on his heel "You can call me if something is wrong. See you later"

Watching him leave and you glance around the empty apartment, mumbling "Did he forget that the festival is today?", though you don't waste another second and jump up from the couch. This is your chance to go to Hina's without that you have to make up a crazy story where you're going while you're actually going to the festival even though your brothers said no.

Yesterday you already picked out which yukata you'd wear since you promised Hina that you would wear one as well. Packing your stuff into a backpack before you text Hina that you're on your way to her place now. You put in your earphones and click on 'Run Baby Run' by Garbage on your IPod as you head out to the train station.

When you get off the train, you walk to Hina's apartment complex while you recall that she said something about a girl that would come to hers too. It causes you to wonder what she's like since Hina claimed you'd like her. There are not many people you like or even accept to be in your presence, and meeting new people is often exhausting. A small sigh escapes your lips before you ring the doorbell when you finally make it to Hina's apartment.

"Hello" Hina chirps when she opens the door for you and gives you a hug, making you smile as well "Hii!" "Come in!" She steps to the side "Emma is already here too but we waited for you to come before we start getting ready" "Oh, okay" you take off your shoes "Am I late?" "No, don't worry" she waves you off.

You walk after her into her room after she told you that her parents are out with Naoto. A girl with honey blonde hair and big yellow eyes sits at a low table and flips through the pages of a fashion magazine. She looks up and smiles at you "Hi!" "Hey" you give her a smile as well while dropping your backpack on the floor and Hina gestures to the girl "[Y/n], this is Emma", then she gestures to you "Emma, that is [Y/n]" "Nice to meet you" Emma states "Hina told me a few things about you"

Looking over to Hina and she waves her hands in front of her, quickly clarifying "Only good things! I told her you'd come with us" "Oh" you nod in acknowledgement and sit down on the ground to the two girls while opening your backpack, pulling out the yukata you decided to wear for the festival. Hina gasps a little when she sees it, causing her to tug on Emma's arm "She kept her promise!" "Of course, I did" you chuckle.

"[Y/n] has to do our hair, Emma, because she's really good at that" Hina declares and Emma looks over to you "Really?" "My oldest brother has pretty long hair and he allows me to style it sometimes" you reply and also take out a hairbrush and a makeup bag. She closes the magazine "That's cool that he allows you that"

"Yeah, I have two older brothers actually but they both piss me off sometimes. Especially when they try to purposely embarrass me, you can ask Hina about that!" You said "The other day, they picked us up from school and listened to loud music, everyone stared at them and us!" Hina laughs as she recalls that.

"Big brothers can be such idiots sometimes" Emma sighs and you nod while Hina adds "Little brothers too! I love Naoto but sometimes...I just wanna punch him", you chuckle and tilt your head "Should we get ready now since the festival will start soon?" "Yes!" Emma nods and stands up "I need to look good tonight"