Chapter 9

Rebecca's POV

After spending a romantic moment with kisses and hugs in the forest with Lola we go to the hotel and we'll have dinner in the room by ordering food from the reception. A while ago I had entered the room to leave my bag and had decorated the room a little with rose petals on the bed and some red metallic heart-shaped balloons. I give Lola a box of chocolate bonbons and a bouquet of roses as a gift.

I had a great time at Christmas and New Years. Daphne announced she got a boyfriend at the Christmas dinner and everyone was happy including me. After the whole family was talking about my little sister's first boyfriend, they asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told them "no" and they started with their stupid reactions like "But you are 22 years old, how could you not get a boyfriend?" or "Why do you not have a boyfriend? You're very pretty" but the truth is that those questions that they have been asking me since I was 16 no longer affect me because I'm happy with Lola now and I have never been so happy in my life.

Upon entering the room, this time it is larger, the maid knocks on the door to give us the dinner we ordered and we have dinner in peace. Without worrying about whether they see us or focusing on getting ready to go out. I ordered spaghetti with red sauce and she ordered steak with salad. After having dinner we use the jacuzzi with bath salts to relax and we drink champagne.

– What a special day you planned Rebecca. Why you didn't let me pay for the room?

– Because I invited you and I didn't want you to pay for it. And you had already paid at the hotel when we came for the first time and this time I wanted to pay honey.

– Awww, okay. Thanks sweetie *she kisses my hand*. Honestly, it's really nice how you decorated the room for this special day and I'm having the best time ever.

– I'm very glad Lola. Oh! Yesterday you announced that your new album comes out next month. I love the album cover, you look like a Goddess.

– Yeahh, thanks love *she laughs and gives me a kiss in my cheek*. And, how are you doing with the final project?

– Fairly good but it gets me stressed out actually.

– I get it, I'm sure you will be able to pass it.

– I hope so...

We get out of the jacuzzi and watch a movie in the bed with my tablet. I didn't know which movie we could watch and we started searching on Netflix a lesbian movie to watch until we found one called Disobedience. We start watching the movie and she puts her arm on my shoulder and I rest my head on her shoulder. During the movie we don't say anything until we complain about how the end ended up being.

The rest of the weekend we almost do the same routine we did months ago except going to the beach. Now it's time to say goodbye and return to my university routine. Instead of going back to the rural house on Sunday, I go back to my apartment and Lola goes back to Los Angeles.

On Monday I go to classes and I focus as much as I can on the final project and I try to not to focus on Lola, my family and friends. I haven't seen my parents and my siblings since I came back to the apartment after spending Valentine's Day with her. In March I let myself relax a little with college for my girlfriend's new album release. I started listening to it as soon as it was midnight on a Friday and I really loved it. I made a video call to Lola from my apartment, congratulating her and telling her how proud I am of her, but I didn't see my loved ones this month either.

April is the month of my sister's and my mom's birthdays, so I can't miss both of their celebrations. I drive from downtown Houston to the rural area to celebrate with them. Daphne turns before my mom and she celebrates her birthday at home with family and friends. During Daphne's event, my mom and dad spent a lot of time watching her because she invited her boyfriend to the birthday party but I didn't pay it much attention. The two of them usually keep an eye on Daphne and Kyle if they have a partner being minors, they are a little overprotective. I don't know if they would do the same with me if they found out that I had a partner, but since I'm already of legal age I don't think they would.

The Public EyeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara