Chapter 9

(Soon, as the balloon heads for Antarctica, the girls take turns taking care of the penguin. Clara is feeding the penguin some cereal)

Clara: Just one little bite for Aunty Clara.

(The penguin tries to eat the cereal, but he groans, as his fever gets worse. Clara sees this with concern)

Evelyn: He's getting worse.

Generous: What can we do?

(Twistat dabs her cloth into a bowl of damp water and puts it on the penguin's head to keep him warm)

Twistar: He needs his mommy, Gen. She'll know what to do. (The penguin shivers from the cold, as Clara then sings)

Clara: 🎵It's hard to remember:

Summer or winter,

When she hasn't been there for me

A friend and companion,

I can always depend on,

My mother, that's who I need

Catherine: 🎵I've taken for granted,

The seeds that she's planted,

She's always behind everything.

Michelle: 🎵A teacher, a seeker,

A both-arms-outreacher,

My mother, that's who I need

(Flashback of the baby penguin laying in his cradle. His mother comes to take care of him in their igloo)

Clara: 🎵Wish I could slow down,

The hands of time,

Keep things the way they are.

If she said so,

I would give her the world,

If I could, I would!

(End of flashback, as the penguin sheds some tears. It is now nighttime)

Delilah: 🎵My love and my laughter,

From here ever after,

Is all that she says, that she needs!

Clara, Michelle, Catherine and Delilah: 🎵A friend and companion,

I can always depend on,

My mother, that's who I need

That's who I need~🎵

(As the girls fly above New Zealand and continue for Antarctica, a chopper flies behind them. Two men are sitting at the controls)

Man: We better call Sugar.

(The man's friend flies their chopper away from the girls. Meanwhile, inside the mansion, Sugar is painting her hooves, when the phone rings. She grabs the receiver and answers it)

Sugar: Hello.

Man: (On the phone) Ma'am, we've located the girls. They've strayed nearly a 1,000 miles off course.

Sugar: (Angrily) What?! They must have discovered the jewels and decided to make a break for it!

Man: (On the phone) Well, ma'am, we tried to stop them, but they were very, very slippery.

Sugar: I don't want your excuses. I want those dolls! And don't come back without them! (She angrily hangs up the phone)

Hermine: (Comes in) Hey, Sugar. I've had a tip-off. The purple unicorn who's with the boys has a criminal record. Maybe we can use it for blackmail in case they get out of line.

Sugar: Excellent!

(Meanwhile, village of igloos is nestled in the valley. Inside the baby penguin's house, his parents nestle their other two children in bed and notice their 3rd empty cradle, where their son used to be before he was kidnapped. The mother penguin sobs and sheds some tears, as her mate comforts her by hugging her)

Baby Penguin: MAMA!

(The two parents and one of his siblings hear his shouting. They look outside and see their son run up to them with open arms. The girls have made the rescue right on schedule! His family is overjoyed, as the sibling jumps in the air and claps his flippers together. They all rush up to each other, and the baby penguin runs into his mother's arms, as she cradles him. The rest of the penguins surround the baby with happiness. The girls stand there, as they are then joined by the entire penguin community. However, they are being watched through a pair of binoculars by the man and his friend from last night, as they watch the scene on their snowmobile)

Man: There's the balloon. Let's go.

(The girls are back in their balloon as the penguins come to wish goodbye to them. The baby penguin's mother holds him to nuzzle Clara one last time. The girls' balloon takes off to the sky)

The girls: Goodbye! Thank you!

(As Twistar finishes waving goodbye, one of the goons pushes her aside. The other girls gasp as they see the man going to grab their dolls. Generous isn't backing down. She runs up and gets into a tug-of-war with the man over her Hiccup doll the man has pulled out)

Generous: Give us back our dolls, you creeps!

(The Hiccup doll's arm tears apart from the tension between the man and Generous, as it spills diamonds into the basket. The man still clings onto the basket, dangling from it, as his friend climbs on and swipes at the girls. Before it can get worse, the first goon gets a snowball pelted in his face. As they turn to see who's thrown the snowball, the entire penguin clan has rallied together to throw snowballs at the minions in order to save the girls. They throw more snowballs in their faces, causing them to land on the snow. The girls are saved once more)

Clara: Thanks again! Bye!

(The baby penguin waves goodbye once again to the girls, while the two goons are covered in snow and then bicker)

Man 1: How are we gonna explain this to Sugar?

Man 2: Hey, you can tell her.

Man 1: Listen, it's your turn!

Man 2: Every time we go into a some kind of a problem, you're always trying to weasel out of it! I know what's wrong with you!

Clara: I don't get it. Why are people willing to kill for these dolls?

Catherine: Because they're so cute, duh. Also, anyone would kill for a DreamWorks or Disney dolls they're just so popular.

(Snowfrost thinks about it as well, until she sees the answer laying on the floor: The diamonds from the Hiccup doll!)

Snowfrost: Wait a minute. Look at this! (She holds up the diamonds for her friends to see) Diamonds!

Generous: (Grabs a Jose Carioca doll) Open a Disney doll.

(She hands the Jose Carioca doll to Twistar, who cuts it open with a knife. A wad of dollar bills are shown in front of the girls)

Maddie: Gasps) There must be thousands of dollars in each of these!

Catherine: I don't believe it. This whole race was just to get us to deliver these diamonds. So much so for one thousand dollars....

Generous: And if we're in danger, the boys must be in danger, too! We've got to find them!

To be continued