LEALTÀ - Chapter thirty-nine - LAST CHAPTER PART II

Chapter thirty-nine. I was your guardian, now you need to be mine.

Kimberly Casey
____

Desta made it clear to me that I wouldn't fly down with them to Serbia as it was too dangerous. And I respect that, because I'm stil wounded from the day Alexandro...flew to the angels. Now all the men are on planes, flying down to Serbia with all the power they have left. And I'm here...With Ella by my side in the bed, watching barbie on her tablet.

"When is daddy coming home?" She asks me, looking at me with her sleepy eyes since it's late. I brush gently through her hair with my fingers. I look down at her.

"I don't know baby. I don't know..." and that's a fact. What if Angelo don't ever come back? What if he dies too? And what if...

What if Desta dies too?

I push the thoughts away. Knowing that we are safe in here since it's five men left in the mansion with us, protecting us from the evil. From him. Eduardo Greco.

The real man who killed my parents. Adam held the knife, but Edoardo held the power. The power of the devil's plan. The devil's choice.

I begin to drift of into sleep, and so is Ella. Her head on my shoulder as we lay in bed. The sky beginning to light up from the sunrise.

I wake up with a weird feeling in my stomach. Ella still by my side. But there is something that's off?

What if he's here?

I get out of the bed carefully, trying not to wake up Ella. I take a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair is greasy, my body hurts. And so is my heart. I take a look at the picture above the mirror. The picture of my parents. The love I had for them. And I still do. So very much.

I take the necklace I have on, fiddling with it between my fingers. Smiling as I remember when Desta gave it to me. The happiness I was feeling. Everything we've been through. How much I love him. How I would die for him.

I go down to the kitchen, thinking of grabbing some water for me and Ella, when she wakes up. But I don't have the time to get to the kitchen before I hear a scream coming from upstairs. My adrenalin comes, my heart is pounding. And there is only one thing I can think of while I'm running with all of my power up those stairs.

Ella

Desta Castello
____

"How does Ella take all of this?" I ask Angelo who sits in front of me at the plane. Only one hour before we're in Serbis. Killing that fucking whore.

"I don't know...she asks me when uncle Alex is coming, and I don't know what to say. I've just told her that he's not, but that he's woth her mommy with the angels..." Angelo looks stressed, sad and angry. I understand him. I thank god that I don't have any children. Now.

"I think it's time to look if Kimberly sent me something. I'm worried about Ella, boss." I nod to Angelo and take a glimpse of Kian. He's sleeping with a glass of whiskey in his hand, his head in an very uncomfortable position, making me and Angelo laugh.

But Angelo's laugh quickly fades away. His face gets pale. And panic and tears are in his face. His body stiffens. His whole presence changes. Making my stomach turn.