167-168

167: Bestowing a Marriage

"The Young Lady of the Shen family?" The Crown Prince was first stunned and lose his voice saying, "Shen Lisa?"

Fu Sehun looked at him and smiled without saying anything.

"No." The Crown Prince shook his head, "The Young Lady of the Shen family is the pearl on General Shen's hands and is currently not engage till now. One fear that he view his daughter's lifelong matter very seriously and importantly so why would he be willing to marry her to the Eastern Palace? Moreover," The Crown Prince looked at Fu Sehun and smiled, "Everyone in the Ding capital know that at the beginning the Young Lady of the Shen family had Ninth Younger Brother in her heart. I would not be able to gain her affection."

Fu Sehun laughed and shook his head, "How would she have me in her heart? That was only a joke when one was young. Otherwise you have seen in these few years, she had not given me any special treatment these few years and it was even colder than outsiders."

The Crown Prince thought about it carefully. It was indeed so. In these two years, it seemed that when Shen Lisa saw Fu Sehun, there was no warm like previous and both of them were so cold that it made them princes feel puzzled. Having said that, the Crown Prince still said, "Maybe it was because you are not affectionate with others so Young Lady Shen is angry with you."

"Eldest Brother better not tease me." Fu Sehun smiled, "Furthermore the Shen family is not the in-laws that I can climb onto. I am however willing to look for a wife with a less prominent status since it would be much of ease. Speaking of which," Fu Sehun said seriously, "Why does Eldest Brother have to work from the side of General Shen and Young Lady Shen? The parents will make the decision of the children marriages. The best method for this matter is to give it to Imperial Father."

"Imperial Father?"

"Correct." Fu Sehun saw that the wine cup of the Crown Prince was empty and filled it to the brim. He then said slowly, "Imperial Father dotes Eldest Brother the most and would definitely support Eldest Brother and will seek a strong support for Eldest Brother. If Eldest Brother want to marry Young Lady Shen, Imperial Father will definitely be happy to make it come true. As such, with an Imperial edict to bestow marriage, everything will be solved."

"Ninth Younger Brother had thought about it too simple." The Crown Prince shook his head, "Nothing forcibly done is going to be agreeable. One know that the Young Lady of the Shen family is not willing to marry me and because of the Imperial edict, she had to enter the Eastern Palace, in the future she will have grievances about it. General Shen will also have grievances with Imperial Father. This marriage would not be successful and one will become enemies. Then it would be bad."

"Why would Eldest Brother think so?" Fu Sehun looked at him with surprise, "All the females in the world only seek for a wealth and peaceful future. Even though one will not be the official consort after marrying into the Eastern Palace, the Secondary Consort identity is not of a lowly position. In the future when Eldest Brother is enthroned, the Young Lady of the Shen family naturally will be raised to a Consort position. Eldest Brother has a warm temperament and as long as one treats the Young Lady of the Shen family well, one's heart would be seen in the future so why would there be grievances towards Eldest Brother? Just like Eldest Sao who was bestowed to Eldest Brother by Imperial Father, but now is single-mindedly helping Eldest Brother to plan."

When the Crown Prince heard of it, he felt that Fu Sehun's words were somewhat reasonable. In the beginning the Crown Prince Consort also married due to the Emperor's Imperial edict and before that they did not see one another much. Initially there were various unwillingness but now, she had deeply rooted feelings for the Crown Prince and would keep thinking for the Crown Prince.