157-158

157: Internal Strife 

"There is really a troublesome matter." Shen Wan laughed bitterly as he replied.

Cang Zai Qing patted Shen Wan's hand and smiled, "If there is anything annoying Master, why not tell me about it? Perhaps I could still help you with something."

Shen Wan looked at Cang Zai Qing's abdomen. Even though one was unable to see anything at the moment, he still said, "Never mind. The most important thing for you is to take care of one's health in the residence. There is no need to handle such complicated things, moreover it is a court matter."

However Cang Zai Qing was not discouraged. She smiled, "When one had not entered into the household, Master treated me as a confidant and would always talk to me about bothersome matters, no matter if it was trivial courtyard matters or important court matters; but now we are segregated by status. How is it that upon entering the household, it is no longer like in the past?" She shook her head, "I do not necessarily only know about things that unmarried females know, like picking flowers and sewing clothes. Even though one is not intelligent, it is much easier for two people to think of ideas rather than one. There is no harm for Master to tell me about it."

Her gentle words touched the core of Shen Wan's heart. The difference between Cang Zai Qing and Chen Rou Qiu was that Chen Rou Qiu was really a 'pampered wife'. In the past, even though she was gentle and graceful, she had never intervened in Shen Wan's career. When Shen Wan's career was flushed with success, it was good to have this kind of pampered wife that kept to her duties. However once there was something wrong, career wise, Chen Rou Qiu was unable to help one bit at all.

Cang Zai Qing was however different. Before, Shen Wan had opened himself up to Cang Zai Qing, he would call her a friend. Both of them would talk about everything under Heavens and there was nothing that they did not talk about. Cang Zai Qing's wealth of knowledge was not shallow and could even make some points on matters of court, and Shen Wan appreciated that aspect of her a lot.

For Cang Zai Qing to say that now, Shen Wan's heart moved slightly.

Not only could Cang Zai Qing have her own opinions about court matters, the most important thing was that Cang Zai Qing was a female. There were lots of winding matters to let Shen Lisa marry Prince Zhou. If it was two years ago, before Shen Lisa's personality drastically changed, that would have been much easier. One only needed to say some words to move her, but now it was not doable at all. Due to the tense relationship with the Eldest household, it was impossible to do anything from Shen Xin's end. Perhaps one would be able to reap benefits from Cang Zai Qing about this marriage.

After thinking about that, Shen Wan looked at Cang Zai Qing and asked probingly, "If say, I want Fifth Lady to marry to His Highness Prince Zhou, what would you do?"

"His Highness Prince Zhou?" Cang Zai Qing was startled and asked surprisingly, "Why let Fifth Young Lady marry to Prince Zhou?"

Shen Wan chuckled, "Just saying casually." Even though he had treated Cang Zai Qing as his woman, but his mouth had to be tighter when handling matters for Prince Ding, thus he dared not talk about such confidential things.

He did not speak about it but Cang Zai Qing was a smart person and quickly understood. She did not linger on that matter, "Fifth Shen Young Lady is the beloved daughter of General Shen and one that he holds on the palm of his hands. Currently His Highness Prince Zhou already has a WangFei (aka Consort) so if Fifth Shen Young Lady marries over, the highest she can go is a CeFei, and General Shen and Shen Furen will definitely not be agreeable."

Shen Wan frowned and nodded his head with a difficult expression.

When Cang Zai Qing saw this, her heart slightly moved.