|23|

Jimin was placed over the infirmary bed by the alphas of the pack. Near him sat Jin all drenched with tears streaming from his eyes.

Jihyun caressed Jimin's head as she wailed uncontrollably.

“He is going to be alright. Thanks to Jin who jumped in at the right time.” The healer said checking Jimins pulse.

.
.

It was close to evening when Changwook and the rest of the alphas returned.  They all had several plastic bags filled with some necessary goods for the pack. Occasionally they bring things from the city when it is necessary. But this time everybody was drenched from head to toe since they swam towards the pack from the other side of the river in their wolf forms.

Jihyuk was waiting for her mate with swollen red eyes.
The alpha also looked restless after sensing the distress of his mate a few miles away.

“What happened Ji? Why do you look like this?”

Changwook held Jihyuk’s both hands and looked at her from head to toe. She couldn't just stop crying at all. It worried the older.

“I think we did something wrong alpha.” She said looking at him with saddened orbes.

“What do you mean?”

“You said Jungkook should go from here for Jimin's goodness. But he have been worse since he left.” Changwook didn't say anything right away. For him it was the right thing to do.

“I still think it was the right decision. A human cannot be a werewolf's mate. Once Jimin find his destined one, he will be okay. It was a mere two months old love. He will forget it in a matter of few days.”

The older said nonchalantly. He took a towel from the nearby wooden hanger and started wiping his body.

“It's not just a mere two months old love appa. Jimin jumped into the river appa. You should have seen it with your own eyes. He haven't uttered a word after we rescued him. He have been sitting like that holding onto that bag for hours now.”

Yoongi said with some spite to his father for the first time. It was a bit shocking for the younger to find out Changwook did all these intentionally. And he knew how Jimin is feeling right now more than anyone. Because he felt like dying too.

Changwook looked at Yoongi for sometimes before dashing out of the hut into the hut next to theirs. There he saw his son sitting in the corner with same cloth bag he packed for going with Jungkook. His eyes were beyond swollen and emotionless. Jimin looked dead.

“He hasn't ate or drink anything today.” Jin said with his worry laced voice.

“Son. Why are you being like this? He is a human. He can't be your mate. That never happened in our history. It can bring bad luck to you. Please understand what appa is saying.”

Jihyuk walked towards Jimin and kneeled before him.“Appa did this for your good Minnie.”

Jimin who have been listening to everything suddenly looked at all of them hauntingly. Especially his father.

“What you did was ruin my life. What did you tell him to drive him away from here? He was my mate.” Jimin said choking on his tears.
Jin and Yoongi felt glad since Jimin at least showed some emotions for the first time in hours.

“He is not your mate son. He is human.”

“HE IS MY MATE. He can smell my scent. No other humans among them could. But he can. That's because he is my mate.”

Yoongi frowned hearing that information.

-Do they serve peaches for dessert?-

His eyes widened at the realization. He also remember the others not even tracing his peach scent except for Taehyung. His orbes glistened suddenly.

“And one more thing. We mated with each other too. What was left was to mark each other. You drove away my mate. And park Jimin will never forgive you until you bring me back my mate.” Jimin said shocking both parents.
They had no answer to that. Jimin had determination in his eyes when he said that. At the same time those tiny hands trembled around the small cloth bag.

“You drove away my mate. We were going to get married. You ruined our dreams. I can never forgive both of you ever.” Jimin cried louder holding onto the bag.

On the other side

“Korea’s sensational actors missing case has turned into a shocking twist everyone. The actors were found today morning near Ginseng forest province.....”

The news have been going on ever since Jungkook reached the safe confines of his apartment. It was a hard labour to drive away all the paparazzi’s and media's wherever he went.

They had many formalities to do after they have been found. And a press meeting is already planned so that they could describe their brave escape. But Jungkook wasn't the least bit interested to step out of here or face the media. What was he going to tell them anyways? He wasn't happy for his escape because he lost his love?

He switched off the TV in frustration and threw away the remote. His hands still held a rose scented hand kerchief. He took a sniff of it before breaking down completely.

He can't even imagine what his moon is going through right now. He hope Jimin doesn't do anything stupid thinking that he betrayed him.

This pain was killing him inside.
“I am so sorry baby. Please forgive me if you can.” Jungkook cried clutching onto that piece of cloth worth more than any gold or diamond in Jungkooks world.

At the forest Yoongi and Jimin couldn't sleep nor Jin. The older cradled Jimins figure as the smaller cried in his sleep.

Yoongi turned around in bed hearing his little brothers cries. He clutched Taehyung’s farewell gift in his hands.

You were my mate.... You were my mate Taehyung.. and I didn't know... Yoongi cupped his mouth to not let his cries out. His brothers doesn't need to know that he was once again left alone by his mate.

To be continued...