11

xxx

"Have you seen Cassandra?" the first raspy words to leave the blonde's mouth were after her terrible 'accident' that resulted in a broken ankle, leg and possibility of a spleen removal. "Or the other girls." she added on, impatiently awaiting her mother's response. 

Her hair was frizzy and sprawled across the hospital pillow as her eyes were bloodshot and red. The pain from the crash came onto her all at once and she had to resist the urge to scream and shake her whole body to rid herself of the uncomfortable aching. 

She had finally found out who "A" was, and the anticipation of waiting to tell her friends was killing her. 

"Yeah, I sent them home. Aria had to practically drag Cassandra though, the poor thing was worried sick, I thought she'd never leave." Ashley paused and chuckled to herself. 

"Each time one of them tried bringing her to the car, she'd start swearing at them. The nurse's threatened to call the police if she didn't leave immediately." she finished with a solemn smile. 

Hanna flushed and reached out next to her, trying to grab the telephone. "I have to call them." she muttered, whining when her mom grabbed her hand. 

"Whatever it is it can wait." she scolded, crossing her leg over the other on the hard bed. "No. No, mom, it can't." she whispered, the throbbing agony from her back slowly creeping up her throat and the rest of her body. 

"I'll call them." Ashley reassured her daughter as she stood up and slid the phone out of Hanna's reach, heading down to the front desk to check in with the doctor. 

Hanna laid her head back against the pillow and clenched her jaw, the few tears spilling out of her eyes. She furrowed her eyebrows together and blinked back the rest of the tear drops. She just wanted the company of a certain brunette. 

It didn't matter if the rest of her friends were there. She just wanted Cassandra. The Montgomery girl was the first person she thought of when her life flashed before her eyes. She saw memories of them in eighth, their first kiss, their confession, and even moments that had happened this year and with "A".

She told herself that she was over Cassandra, and that she no longer held a spot in her heart, but now she wasn't so sure. 

Her feelings didn't matter anyway. Seeing as the girl had reconnected with a certain bastard brunette boy with no respect for women. Her chances went straight from 100, to when Cassandra first came back, to 0, as of recently. She really was unlucky. 

While Hanna was thinking about the brunette, Cassandra was already in the car outside of the hospital when Ashley sent her a text. 

She never really left, and she'd be damned if she did. Hanna was hurt and she wasn't going to walk away from that like her other friends. 

So, she hopped out of the car and speed walked towards the back hall where Hanna's room was. Ashley saw her and quickly brought her into a much-needed hug. "You got here fast." she pointed out.

"Maybe I never left." Cassandra shrugged, freeing from Ashley's grasp. The mother shook her head and quietly laughed, "God, you and Hanna really are stubborn. No wonder you get along so well."

Cassandra grinned and tried to hide it by staring at her feet. "Where is she?" the brunette asked, remembering the main reason she was here.

Ashley pointed at a room a couple feet down the hall and Cassandra practically ran in there, leaving the red head alone with a happy sigh. She was glad Hanna had someone to rely on.