Chapter 70

Karishma ( POV)

1 week later

" And what are you doing here " asked Aditya. I am currently sitting under my reading table in my study. It's spacious under my table. A big table clothing covering the whole thing .

I have few of my books , one of my tab , a mini fridge ( big enough to hold only one can or water bottle) , two charge light and mini fan under my table.

" I am hiding. " I replied to him. I am currently eating my favourite cake and sitting here. " You're hiding from ? " asked Aditya but I didn't replied to him.

" And why it looks like it's a mini restaurant. " he said sitting with me. I smiled and said " It's my hiding spot. When I feel nervous or stressed I sit like this...helps my nerves. " I told him and gave him a bite of it.

" But why are you stressed ? " he asked again. " Well , I am going to work. I made a bet with my boss that the book I selected will be hit...big time but...now I am nervous. " I told him.

" Nervous that what will happen if it doesn't go like the way you planned
it. " he asked and I nodded. " Well , you can find out by facing your fear. Imagine what will happen if your selected book becomes a hit ? Wouldn't that be awesome? " he asked and I nodded.

" Yes , that will be great. " I replied to him. " And I am sure it's going to be amazing....so don't sit here and let's go. " he said but I still feel like it's more better to stay here.

He pulled me in his arms , gave a kiss in my forehead and said " Don't worry darling...it's going to be great. " he said and well now I am awesome. I am well charged. I can do anything.

" Sometimes when it's very busy or we don't feel like going out ...we can just have a date here. " Said Aditya and I laughed. Really he is a funny guy.

We came out together and marched in the dinning room. Even khushi is eating breakfast in the table. It's little hard for me to control khushi. But my mother in law ( her granny) became her favourite. And now she is fine here.

Her attitude towards us is cold and reserved. And well , we will get back to that later. We must give her time to adjust. Can't impose so many things on her and make her feel uncomfortable.

I sat down with Aditi and her smile really made me feel better. " Here mommy eat some juice it's really good. " Said Aditi pouring me a glass of mango juice.

" Thank you baby " I told her giving her a little kiss. " Here eat more mom" said gungun putting a fried egg in my plate. " Thank you sweetheart " I gave her a kiss too.

" Have some bread mommy " said Akash putting some buttered bread in my plate. " Aww .... thank you love. " I told him. Truly I am so blessed with some many cute kids.

As I looked up I saw khushi's eyes were on me but as I looked up she removed her eyes and started eating her own food.

" You should learn something from your children's Aditya. " Said my mother in law in a funny way to Aditya. " See how they feed their mother. And you just care about your food. " She complained like a little child.

" Here granny I will care for you. " Said khushi putting some salad in my mother in law's plate. " Thank you buttercup. That's really sweet of you. " Said my mother in law with a smile. Aditi didn't said anything but her smile vanished.

She is usually not the jealous kind than what happened? Wait...my MIL used to call her buttercup and now since she address khushi with that name...I have to work on it too.

" Karishma I was thinking why don't we go out for a picnic. " Suggested my MIL. " Would you like to go out on a picnic with us ? " She asked khushi and khushi nodded.

" It's decided that we will go on a picnic very soon. " Said MIL . We ate in silence. Today my MIL will join our company. She will not go with me but join us later.

As the little ones were leaving one by one I stopped Aditi and sat on her eye level and asked " While we were having breakfast...were you feeling little sad ? " I asked her and she put her head down.

" It's nothing mummy , it's silly. " She said in a whisper. " Your emotions are never silly to me. They are very important. You have to share your emotions with me okay. If you feel sad  you have to tell me all about it. " I told her.

" I understand mummy. " She said. I want to build a safe environment for the kids mental and physical health so that they can share anything with me without any worry.

" Now you wanna talk about it ? " I asked her again. " I didn't like granny calling khushi di buttercup cause that's my nickname. And once you give someone nickname you don't call others by it. But granny is old and I forgive her. " She said in her baby voice. My baby has grown up.

" Alright...I am happy that you shared your problem with me. And you found solution for it yourself . Good girl. " I told her and gave her a little kiss on her cheek.

" Thank you mommy. " She said with a huge smile. " Have a great day. " I told and she went out to go school. Now I have to go get my bag and go out. I walked in took my things.

Misses snow is sitting with Arav in the hall. Khushi sitting next to them talking with arav. The little guy went crazy when he saw me. I had to take him in my lap.

" I have written my phone number and office number in that note pad. Call if you need anything. " I told Khushi. She didn't say anything just nodded.

I handed Arav to her. She happily took him from me. I told Misses snow to take care of her and left my house. Let's hope for the best.

25 minutes later

I walked in my office. Everything going good I see. As I sat down one of my colleague told me that zen is looking for me. I thanked her and went to meet with him.

As I entered his room he showed me a seat . " Mrs Sharma, the book you suggested actually made a huge sale and I am really proud. So as promised...here is your permanent job letter. " he said handing me the letter.

" That was good work and welcome in my team. " he said. Well now I am happy for sure. " Thank you so
much. " I told him. I am really so happy today. Very happy.

" We do have a new editor joining us today. It would be nice if you can help her around. " he said and well I would love to do that. " I would love to do that. " I told him.

" She will be here in a minute. She is selected by the judge penalty...so even I am meeting her for the first time. " Said Zen. Well that may change.

We sat talking about the next book that's almost in the process of being published. The door swinged open and came in my MIL. Zen stood up. His expression changed when he saw her walk in. All he could say was " Mom ".