Chapter 69

Roshni ( POV )

I talked with dad about the plan I made with kaju ( my little sister ) and he seems to be very happy about it. If my mother in law agrees then we can do it.

I am currently sitting in my room doing my night routine. Zen is working on his laptop. He looks very focused.

I don't know how he will react when my mother in law starts working in that company. Karishma said to read him stories about mother's.

Talk with him about mother's so that a little desire to be with his mother increases and the hate dies down a little. But how to do that ? Idea.

I walked over and closed his laptop. He looked up and said " what happened? " he asked very nicely.

" It's late. You must be tired...you should rest. " I told him and to my surprise he didn't object. He went to change and got back.

" Why are you sitting with a book ? " he asked while drying his hairs with a towel. I made him sit , took the towel from him and helped him dry his hairs.

" I want to give you one of my childhood experiences...I will read story to you. " I told him and he laughed. " Like a child....you want to treat me like a child? " he asked.

" It's a good experience and I think you should have it. " I told him . He sat down thinking about it a bit and than said " okay let's give it a try...so how it's going to work ? " he asked me.

" Lie down in my lap " I told him and he lied in my lap . I covered him with a sheets. Took a book of a mother who in the beginning of the story sounded awful. Who didn't pamper her sick child and forced him to do chores and work himself.

At last it turns out she loved her son dearly. It's just she was making him ready to face the world. So that he wasn't dependent on anyone. As I finished the story zen was wide awake. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes .

" Babe ...you were supposed to be asleep..." I teased pulling his nose. He smiled and said " well , it was a good story. " he replied with a smile.

" What do you think about the
story ? " I asked him to know about his point of view about the story. He didn't said anything immediately and thought about it for sometime.

" Well , it was a good story. The mother character was strict but that also for a reason. I think we must really understand a situation before commenting or giving opinion about it. " he said and I nodded. Nice improvement.

" I have seen Karishma giving love and care to Aditya's children. I know one day you will be a very good mother.. ..." Said Zen with a smile on his face.

" You told me that you don't believe in motherhood anymore. " I asked him. He nodded and said " well , after watching an example in front of my eyes I have changed my thinking about motherhood..but my views on my mother are going to be the same. " he said and I didn't push the matter any further.

" I love you...you know that right. " I asked him and he nodded. I gave him a kiss on his forehead. He happily closed his eyes. One step at a time.

Karishma ( POV)

2 days later.

I talked with my mother in law. And she agreed to again work in swapna Industries. She wants to renew her relationship with her son.

The love and care she can't give now she wants to give it to him. And I am very happy about it. That novel for which I challenged the authority has finally been published.

Now I am waiting, hope people buys it or all my hard work and will be wasted. I hope things work out nicely there.

I told the kids about khushi and they are very excited about it. Aditi loved the idea of being a younger sibling and having a elder sister ....hope things go well for her.

They are excited about the whole thing but I told them to control their excitement. I don't want them to disturb her much on her first day here. She is still very weak and needs rest.

They wants to meet her and today finally she will be coming here forever. Every paper work is done and I am here waiting for her.

Aditya went to bring her home. As the car pulled in our drive way. A girl walked out. She is wearing a floral print dress. And if you look closely you can see , she got Aditya's eyes.

She walked over to me. " Hi ! You must be khushi...I am Karishma.. " before I could finish saying she said to me " where is my room? "

Okay , we are not interested to talk I see. " This way..." I told her and led her towards the room I made for her. Hope she likes it. I have showed her the room .

" Why it has two beds ? I don't like sharing my room. " She said and what will I do now ? I thought she will share the room with Aditi. Looks like that's not happening.

" It's your sister Aditi's bed. " I told her and she laughed. " The sister my so called mom decided to keep instead of gifting someone like a Christmas gift...no thank you. " She said and it's going to take time here.

" Too much pink... don't like it. " She said looking at the room. " What's your favourite colour? " I asked her. She said " Black and green " well have to change few things here.

" I didn't like the room. It's for kids. " She said. " Well than follow me. " I told her. I took her in the room where I first used to sleep. It's guest room but she can be here for few days and I can fix her room for her.

" You take a shower and I am arranging your lunch...you want anything in specific? " I asked her. She shook her head and said " Anything will do as long as no one disturbs me here. " I nodded and left her in that room.

I instructed Miss snow to care for her since she is not liking my presence and I will not be at ease with her being alone doing all stuff herself.

I walked in the hall and saw samrat standing with a file. " You okay? " he asked me. I walked over to him and he opened his arms for a hug. " I am exhausted" I told him.

" I understand...you sure you want it ? This is not something anyone can wish for. " he said very softly. " I am good...it's perfect. It's just I am a little tired. " I told him.

" It's okay to feel tired. It's okay to feel like you don't want it at all. You're doing great. " Said samrat in encouraging tone. " Thanks. By the way your wifey will be mad if he finds his husband hugging someone else. " I tried to joke a little.

" Sahara wouldn't be mad. " Said samrat. " I meant Aditya...but Sahara...you consider her as your wifey ... good. " I told , I don't have strength for jokes too but still I want to tease him .

" Would you like to have ice cream? " he asked and I nodded. " Alright let's go. " he said putting the file down releasing me from his embrace.

" Let's call Sahara and Aditya. " I suggested him. " No no ..we are doing a best friend party...no couple allowed. Like we used to do. " he said and I laughed. It's so nice to have a friend like him.