𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝐿𝒶𝓌 𝐸𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝒸𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉

Header by @mrgagazzini on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋˎˊ * * ~

January 1896

Rosalie Rivers walked the crowded corridor with Ominis Gaunt as the flashes of green-fired Floo Powder exploded in the transportation fireplaces, reflecting off the black tiled floors and beautiful crafted stoned arched ceiling inside the Ministry of Magic Headquarters. Its coldness felt straight out of the Slytherin dungeons back at Hogwarts.

Or that's how she always felt about it.

There were many things that still reminded Rosalie of her favorite, charming Slytherin; even if it was just a simple, cold corridor. Whether it be a chocolate frog or the old, musty scent of a book she was reading... everything reminded her of him.

She couldn't pinpoint the last time she had spoken to Sebastian, or rather, wrote to him. He was hard to write to. The group he was still traveling with never stayed in one area for too long, and Rosalie had to wait for his letter first before she could send one in return. She missed him greatly; there wasn't a day where Sebastian didn't cross her mind.

But Rosalie had the Ministry to thank for keeping her so busy that the only time she got to fully think about Sebastian was at night as she drifted off to sleep; the only time she could see him was in her dreams. A majority of the time, that's where Rosalie preferred to be.

"What are you thinking about?" Ominis interrupted her silent thoughts.

"The meeting with Mister Pilliwickle has me distracted," Rosalie answered distantly; her answer wasn't fully a lie.

Ominis was silent for a moment. The two of them have grown into the greatest of friends; besides Anne, they were the only two who were still connected to Sebastian. He was the invisible string that still stitched them together.

"I'm sure everything will go smoothly," he finally answered. "But if there's something else on your mind," he insinuated.

"I know, I know. Am I just that easy to read?" Rose chortled as they walked by the Fountain of Magical Brethren; a golden statue that spouted water into a pool and depicted a wizard, a witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf.

"Yes, but I'm overly observant as well," Ominis smiled.

Rosalie took a deep breath, "He's just been on my mind a lot recently."

"Mine too... Have you heard from him?"

Rosalie shook her head no, but then realized Ominis couldn't see her. He took her silence as an answer and continued.

"Neither have I," he replied softly.

The two of them boarded the elevator they had been walking towards. The elevator dinged as it opened. They were on Level Eight; Rosalie pushed the Level Ten button for Ominis to take him to the courtrooms, and she pushed the Level Two button to travel to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

"How's Grace and Esther doing?" Rosalie asked, breaking the silence as the doors closed.

"Wonderful!" Ominis smiled brightly. Grace and their daughter, Esther, were the best thing to ever happen to him. "She just took her first steps yesterday."

"And you're just now telling me?!" Rosalie exclaimed.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled.

"That's no way to treat the godmother of your child!"

"I know, I'm sorry!" he laughed harder.

The elevator dinged as the door opened. Ominis pulled out his wand, and it began pulsing red at the tip.