𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈

Author's Note:
***
Content Warning: Mild Alcohol Consumption

Please play after the first page break! <3

Olivia Rodrigo - scared of my guitar

***
Please play after the third page break! <3

Ariana Grande - i wish i hated you

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It had been a few weeks since the return to Hogwarts. Rosalie was still having conflicts within herself that she was trying to fight. She had to put on this act and pretend nothing was bothering her, but how much more could she handle? Her lies and fraudulent actions were becoming too exhausting to manipulate. She had to constantly pretend that nothing was wrong with her and her relationship. That there was not a battle between her heart and her head.

Safety and security versus instability and recklessness.

Especially on New Year's Eve. Rosalie had to put on a show. She had to make it look and feel convincing that all of the love she held in her body was for Amos. She wanted Amos, but she didn't. She wanted Sebastian, but she knew better.

The constant pressure of being good enough for Amos and the mental gymnastics she had to endure to distance herself from Sebastian was draining. She wanted both, but she could only have one... she could choose the one her heart yearned for, but it wasn't healthy for her. She had to choose the safest option. Someone that will love her for her. Someone who is trying their best and she sees his effort.

Amos was a gentleman to her. He cared for her in ways no one has shown her before. He's interested in her future, their future together. He was handsome, funny, and intelligent.

But he wasn't fulfilling and thrilling.

Her mother made her aware from a very young age, before she began to ignore Rose, that her parents weren't in love from the beginning, but her father learned to love in return. If you can necessarily call that love. Her parents didn't understand love and they never showed Rose any. Her parents didn't understand the fear, the happiness, the sweet moments alone, or the secret moments in a crowded room.

But maybe her mother was right. She liked Amos, but maybe she could learn to love him as her heart ached for another.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was midday Friday; Rosalie joined Lacy and Heather for lunch in the Great Hall. The enchanted ceiling displayed the late January sky amongst the floating candles - gray clouds with snow flurries and howling winds.

Rosalie was still distancing herself from Sebastian; she barely seen him two evenings a week, if that. She knew it was unfair to him to disappear without reason, but she also couldn't explain her reason to him. She wanted her feelings to dissolve; she wanted to move on like she thought she already had.

But he was intoxicating, fulfilling, infuriating. No matter how far Rosalie ran, he always seemed to catch up to her.

Amos slid in beside Rosalie on the bench with a toothy smile and greeted the girls.