tri

Robert

january twenty third, two thousand and fourteen

Meredith: you've been typing for 5 minutes now..

Robert: Borussia Dortmund

Meredith: wait.

Meredith: aha

Meredith: i see what you're doing

Meredith: you're pretending to be robert lewandowski

Meredith: lol

Robert: i understand that you probably don't believe me but i am the robert lewandowski. look, let me call you after training and i'll prove to you.

Robert: gotta go see you :)

-----------

On the way to training, Meredith was on Robert's mind all day. He didn't know what she looked like, what she sounded like. She seemed like a nice girl. Robert imagined her as a happy, yet quiet person.

He liked people like that.

Especially girls.

He didn't know why he liked girls like that. He questioned himself, but it's just a non-sexual fetish to him.

He arrived at training on time for once. Being joined by Marco, Pierre, Erik and Mats outside the training grounds, still didn't help him concentrate.

Training had started and the boys noticed he was quite distant, you know, not focusing? He was never like that, which made them suspicious.

-

As the players were walking into the changing rooms after the session, Marco Reus had just caught up with him.

"Robert, lad, why were you so distant in training today? What's on your mind?"

"It's just my brother's, friend's, sister's, cousin's, mother's, sister in-law's, step-father's, soul mate's goldfish died. It was very tragic." Robert explained attempting to make a joke.

Marco just looked at him like 'you cannot be serious'.

"Seriously now, what's up?" Marco asked with concern.

"I'll tell you after we get changed. It's a bit, crowded here."

"I swear to god, if you say there isn't no cheesecake left then I'm gonna bitch slap you."

---

"Well, I wanted us to meet up by Starbucks a few days ago but since I got a new number, I asked Mario and he gave me the wrong number." Robert said, ironically walking towards Starbucks.

"And?"

"It's this girl."

"ROBBY BOY YOU'RE GETTING PULLED, MATE, HIGH FIVE." Marco shouted, raising a hand to high five Robert and gaining death stares from the people in the building.

But no, 'Robby Boy' slapped Marco's hand away, he wasn't in the mood for fun and games.

"She lives in Wales.". Robert said disappointingly, grabbing a seat to sit down.

"Not that far from here, is it? It's in the UK, right?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you go and see her?" Marco questioned.

"I don't even know what she looks like!"

Reus groaned in frustration and thinking to himself;

How dumb can this bloke be?

"Well find out what she looks like and I'll say if I approve of her or not." Marco the Mother said, treating Robert as if he was his child.

"I'm going to the toilet, stay here." Robert said, getting out of his seat to use the loo.

As Robert was leaving, Marco's eyes lit up as he thought, jackpot.

Robert's phone.

It laid flat on the wooden table.

And at that exact time, his phone lit up.

WhatsApp
Meredith: it's been 2 and a half hours, aren't you back yet?

Meredith: sorry i forgot, you're Robert Lemondowski.

Meredith: i mEAN LEWANDOWSKI

Marco chuckled at the dorky-ness of this girl.

His and Mario's plan was going just fine.