Chapter 16: The Dragon's Spear

As the number of monsters in the house increased, the survivors in the classroom decreased sharply.

A villager urged A-Lai to act quickly, unaware that A-Lai was anxiously assessing the situation. He observed the fight, spear in hand. The house was mostly filled with the elderly and young girls, ill-equipped to fight against the wolves.

They hid under the tables, bravely fending off the wolves' attacks. Their cries echoed with a sense of despair.

"These guys are multiplying rapidly. We must quickly close the door, or there won't be any left in the house!"

A-Lai felt a heavy weight in his heart as he sensed the situation inside the room becoming increasingly dire. With a swift movement, A-Lai scrambled onto the table. His spear turned into alive.

He took a deep breath, his gaze steely, and executed the move "Python Turns Over."

This maneuver mimicked a wild python attacking its prey; each spiral rotation of the spear resembled the massive serpent constricting the wild wolf tightly with its colossal body. With each coil, the grip tightened, as if intent on squeezing the very air from the wolf's lungs.

In the corner, Little Fly watched in disbelief as his grandfather fought valiantly at the front of the classroom. His clothes were torn, revealing lean yet muscular arms stained with blood. Yet, when his grandfather's strikes landed, a wolf's skull would crack or its ribs would cave in.

For the first time, Little Fly could not believe that this warrior was his grandfather. In this tense moment, A-Lai also realized that this seemingly ordinary old man was anything but simple. A plan quickly formed in his mind.

Without hesitation, he shouted, "Quickly, come out and jump onto the table!"

Then, he turned and rushed toward the door. The spear in his hand seemed to extend his very soul, creating a fan-shaped formation to guard the girls behind him, including that one special girl.

In that moment, he truly understood what his master had said, "The soul of a weapon is for protection, not aggression."

He turned towards the doorway. The spear in his hand seemed like an extension of his soul, each thrust filled with strength and determination. Although his movements were swift, each step appeared cautious and methodical.

His eyes scanned the room, searching for the best position for attack, knowing that one mistake could cost him his life.

"Grandpa, help me distract these creatures!" A-Lai shouted.

Little Fly's grandpa understood his intent instantly. Letting out a roar, he unleashed his full strength, landing powerful blows on the monster without holding back.

With equally powerful moves, A-Lai charged forward, reminiscent of an elephant's charge. Each powerful swing of his spear cleared his path, sending any obstacles flying through the air.

At the doorway, several wolves were either impaled by the spear as if nailed to the ground or retreated in terror, their eyes filled with fear.

A seemingly leading large wolf, its eyes glinting cunningly, attempted in vain to bite the spearhead. But Alai's spear moved like a live serpent, pausing suddenly.

In the moment the wolf hesitated to attack, a hint of ruthlessness flashed in A-Lai's eyes. This time, the spear moved like a dangerous sea monster lurking beneath the waves, patiently awaiting the passing fish before launching a sudden attack, akin to an arrow released from a taut bowstring.

It struck perfectly, piercing half a foot into the brain, instantly splattering red and white fluids, as the wolf let out its final, agonizing howl.

"Bravo!" cried Little Fly from the corner, unable to contain his admiration.