Chapter 10: The Chaoes

Glass windows screeched as the monsters attempted to climb inside. Villagers rushed to shut the windows, but it was too late for some.

With every breath, more copper coin monsters appeared from the cracks in the walls, relentless as a rising tide. The monsters grew bolder, tearing the wallpaper and leaving marks on the walls. The villagers reacted with alarm. Some, out of curiosity, tried to catch one to examine it, only to scream as sharp edges cut their skin.

"What are these creatures?" a young villager whispered, her voice full of fear.

The presence of blood attracted more of the copper coin sprites, which whirled and swooped through the air, forcing students and villagers to scatter.

"They're ancient guardians, released by dark forces according to legend. They are the creatures from Hell!" another villager responded.

The creatures crawled onto the villagers' bodies, worming through the gaps in their clothes and beneath their skin. Suddenly, a villager jerked his body in panic, trying to get rid of the coin creatures. Unfortunately, more coins swarmed over him. Amidst the chaos, a blurry figure struggled desperately. Another villager tried to save him, but the coin creatures quickly crawled onto and covered his hand. As he tried to shake them off, more coin creatures jumped onto him.

This sight kept others away. They attempted to shake the coins off with any tools they could find. Suddenly, like butterflies startled from a branch, the coin spirits scattered and fled all at once.

The villager trapped in the middle was covered in blood, standing strangely frozen. The horrific scene triggered a sharp scream from a female villager. At her scream, he crumbled like a sculpture made of sand. From within his body, countless frog-like creatures rushed out, as if it were the mother cave of the animals.

These green creatures opened their mouths wide, emitting a strange, mocking laughter, as if ridiculing the foolish humans. Their long tongues lashed out, striking the glass like blades and leaving behind a grating, ear-piercing noise.

Seeing the terrifying scene, the female villager turned pale and fell to the ground without making a sound.

Some villagers became acutely aware of the severity of the situation, attempting to block the classroom windows with anything they could find to prevent the monsters from entering.

The young villager, Whim Li stunned even habitually used his young son to block the window frame. The child was quickly rescued by other villagers with swift reactions, and then Whim Li's head received a thorough scolding from several aunties.

Cries for help, screams of agony, and calls for loved ones to save them mixed together, forming a tragic and piercing symphony. The chaotics happened room by room, like fairies in a nightmare, etching terror deep into the memories of the people.

The chaos give the wild wolves at the front an order, they slowly closed in, their breaths and low growls echoing in the night sky. With the cover of night and the shadows of the forest, the pack of wolves seemed endless, looming dark and dense, making it hard to catch a breath.

Most of the wolves approached A-Lai, seeming to identify him as an easy target.

"If we don't bully a weak one, who will?" they seemed to say.

One of them suddenly leaped forward, swiftly closing in on A-Lai, then abruptly stopped, emitting a low growl from its mouth.

A-Lai's pupils contracted, instinctively taking half a step back, but quickly regained his composure, assuming a defensive stance typical of martial arts. He realized that the wolf's behavior was just a test, wanting to see his reaction. As expected, the wolf barked wildly, as if mocking his coward behaviour.

Seeing A-Lai's face, Dan gave a quiet smile, reminding him of his first encounter with wild beasts. A-Lai felt a sudden pang in his heart and a wave of embarrassment. All those years of practice, and this was how it turned out.

Suddenly, a young voice called out next to Dan,

"Hold ground, form up!"

This was an ancient military order, a legendary tale passed down orally in the village, the command soldiers in the army would use when facing formidable enemies.

Dizzy Dan laughed excitedly,"Good, we hold!"

His fondness for the young man grew.

The surrounding wolves weakened their momentum, causing dissatisfaction from the wolf that had just challenged A-Lai.It began to prowl slowly in front of A-Lai, circling around the boy and trying to get his attention. Its hackles were raised, and it made several attempts to attack, just as it had done before.

It forced A-Lai's gaze to follow its movement. All of a sudden, another wolf darted out from the side like lightning, its sharp teeth aiming for A-Lai's throat. This was the real attack they had prepared for so long.

At the same time, the wolf in front launched a second attack. Even for an experienced hunter, this mature and sophisticated technique was rarely countered.

But not today!

With a flick of A-Lai's spear, he plunged it into the wolf's lower jaw. Then, with a swift motion, he swung it in a circle through the air and slammed it forcefully to the ground. The large wolf head, almost as big as his own, struck the other wolf's neck heavily. With a muffled groan, the creature's neck snapped.

Dan watched and couldn't stop yelling, "That was a nice shot! Two birds with one stone! Well done, kid! Now I can focus on my job!"

A-Lai, excited, responded, "I grew up hearing stories about cunning wolves. Their tricks won't work today!"

Witnessing this, the other wolves became even more ferocious in their attacks on A-Lai. However, Ah Lai remained undaunted, his eyes sharp and determined. With each movement of his spear, it was as if an invisible force supported him, enabling him to calmly face threats from all directions.

Very soon, within a meter radius around A-Lai, there was suddenly no wolf to be seen, and several wolves were clearly startled, cursing incomprehensible obscenities at A-Lai and running back to Dizzy Dan.

Dizzy Dan quickly realized what had happened and burst into laughter, exclaiming, "20 minutes passed!"

Cheers erupted from the classroom windows, one after another. Everyone watched with excitement, their blood boiling. Even the principal, whose heart had been hanging in suspense, finally relaxed.