Chapter 7 - Entrance Exam

"I'm sorry for my sister's behavior," Dante turned to Kyla, his eyes are turning back to normal as well as his presence.

"Again, I apologize, and I will speak with her about this," he added.

Kyla exhaled, "You don't have to apologize to me."

Her words made Dante's lip curl up a little bit. "I shall go now and see my sister; see you later," he gently said to her before following his sibling.

It appears that someone will get in trouble today. Let's just say that Dante is the kind of person you don't want to mess with. If you are his family member, friend, or even lover, and he believes you did something wrong, then, well, there's always going to be consequences.

Kyla massage her temple, "I almost lose my temper back there."

She crossed her arms, trying to compose herself. The entrance exam is near, she can't fail this for she don't want her to disappoint her mentor, Draven.

As all the examinees finally got off, the ship immediately leave, and they just watch it disappear on the horizon. Kyla also glad that their attention were sent to another from her.

"Avashla!"

A loud female voice suddenly spoke, and it echoes throughout the island. As expected, their turned their heads, trying to find the owner of the voice, but she is nowhere to be found.

"Welcome to Hera Island, examinees! I am Miss Donna, and I will be your instructor for today. You might be wondering where I am. Well, you cannot see me, but I can see all of you."

Her statement received different reactions. Some are nervous, scared, excited, and surprised. For Kyla, it kind of sounds terrifying. Knowing that someone is watching you from somewhere is definitely not a great idea in the first place.

"In front of you is Athena Forest. You are required to walk straight in this forest, as it leads you to the academy itself. You will only need 5 hours of walking, and you will finally be able to see the huge gate of Zeus de Academy."

After saying these words, the others grinned. Their eyes sparked upon hearing the mention of Zeus de Academy. They stared at the forest in front of them; they could feel a strange, powerful aura emanating from it, and it was making them eager.

"As of now, there are total of 100 Exam takers from Dilimto Kingdom, the last kingdom who will take the entrance exam for this year. However, only 25 can only enter, and to do that, you have to be one of the first 25 people who must reach the gate of Zeus de Academy."

Kyla looked around, seeing the others getting ready; some of them even left their belongings on the floor so that they could run faster.

'Is this our entrance exam already? And we just have to...race?'

"Feel free to use your elemental powers, and do whatever you want. May the Primis guide all of you! Good luck examinees!"

And with that, the sounds of running footsteps can be heard, and the vibrations they create on the ground can be felt. As per instructions, all of them started to use their elemental powers.

Lightning-users are dashing forward and much faster than the others. The only question is, how long can they keep dashing? It takes a lot of strength and energy to do that.

Just as Kyla turned to run, she was shoved by the others, making her fall to the ground. She gritted her teeth and winced. When she got to her feet, she realized she was the only one left, still at the starting point.

"Ugh, what a bad start!" she rubbed her head before running, following the others from behind.

Upon running, and 10 minutes have just passed, Kyla is still way behind the others. She is starting to feel frustrated; using her elemental power would only tire her even more.