𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    The group stayed in the damp cave for two extra days so that many of the wounded could heal while others scouted around outside for any possible threats of bandits that still lurked.

None liked it.

Their food supply was down since the priority when they were attacked was getting everyone and the horses out of line of fire, so rations such as fresh food and water, medical supplies, and camping equipment were lost. Those that scouted were able to recover few minuscule items such as empty canteens and blankets, but that was all. Currently, (Y/N) was sitting down leaning against one of the stone walls as Sofi attended her wounds, the one on her leg and the one on her side, both delving out equal amounts of pain to her whenever she moved.

"Well..." Sofi exhaled softly as she let (Y/N)'s shirt fall once she was done. "Now that the bleeding's stopped and I can see the wound more clearly, it looks like all major organs and vitals were missed—extremely lucky if I do say so myself—and you should be healed within two weeks. But..."

At that, she trailed off.

"What?" (Y/N) sighed. "But what?"

"It'll... leave a scar..."

"Is that all?"

"B-But... for a scar to be left behind in your skin... what about..." Sofi bit her lip as she glanced around, cautious about what she was about to say next. "What about when you're a woman again? Wouldn't this be bad if you were thinking of marriage?"

"Marriage?" (Y/N) raised a brow.

"Well..." she murmured as she glanced down, fidgeting with her fingers. "No one wants a woman that has scars. It means... they're damaged."

"Now who told you that?" She laughed, the sound soon morphing into a fit of coughing.

"What do you mean?"

"Scars aren't a sign of damage," (Y/N) scoffed, rolling her eyes at the mere thought of it. "Listen, just because someone, more specifically a woman, has a scar, doesn't mean that they're damaged. It just means that they're strong. They were strong enough to heal this infliction of pain into something that is better protected. We may have different strengths than men, but they are strengths no the less. Just because one thing is said doesn't mean it's true."

"Oh..." Sofi faltered.

"You don't have to look so serious," (Y/N) chuckled as she ruffled the younger girl's hair, surprising her and making her eyes widen when she did so. "Everything I said is true, but you don't need to be scared of that."

Before Sofi could respond to (Y/N)'s words, someone clearing their throat made both girls turn their gaze upwards to find Basile standing above them. His hands were behind his back and his stance was rigid, thoroughly donning the role of an Imperial Advisor despite the less than royal accommodations in which they were staying in. (Y/N) grunted as she stood up to give the man her full attention, placing a hand against her side and grimacing whilst doing so.