•chapter 5•

when we arrived at the mall i was jumped by mina who came running at me and hugged me tightly. "oh my god y/n! your outfit is to die for,  i didn't expect you to have such good style" she snickered and held me tightly and i thanked her dearly. she was wearing cargos and a top, and to add to the outfits, a crochet half sweater. it totally suits her and brings out her color.

"i love your outfit aswell" i smiled softly as said hi to kirishima who came with mina. i'm guessing they are the closest in the group since they share a lot of similarities and their personalities match each other perfectly.

we we're waiting for denki and sero to arrive while we we're standing next to the malls main entrance. i noticed that bakugo was talking to kirishima, well the talking was mostly done by kiri and bakugo acting as if he's not interested..but deep down i know he must appreciate him or atleast views him somewhat of a friend.

mina was snapping pictures of herself while i checked my phone to see if there's any update from sero and denki. slowly as i put my phone in my back pocket i tried getting a glimpse of bakugo again..i don't know why not for any particular reason it's just i'm so drawn to him..it's like he has this captivating aura about him that just makes me wanna figure everything about him and why he acts the way he does.

as i looked over to the side where he was, he was already looking at me. my heart did a weird thing and i quickly turned away and tried to act busy by fixing my shirt.

what was that?

the look on his face, i don't know what it was but he wasn't looking at me with a scowl or furrowed brows just like how he usually does. omg..is he planning ways to MURDER ME?!

i shivered at the thought and mina put a hand on my shoulder "heyy let's take a selfie!" she smiled cheekily.

after a couple of minutes waiting, sero and denki had finally arrived and we were making our way to the arcade that's in the lower part of the mall. i was talking to denki about the new manga leaks from our favorite sport manga, blue lock.

"i know dude! his backstory had brought tears to my eyes" denki was talking passionately about how he viewed the circumstances that are currently happening in the manga and i hummed in agreement "my brother actually started crying and he woke me up at 4 am just to tell me" i smiled softly while looking at the ground..keigo is like a brother to me. in fact HE IS my brother. no matter blood related or not. he helped me grow into the person i am today and helped me when i had no one.

"OH! you have a brother? i thought you said you were an only child..." kirishima joined in the conversation as we were almost reaching the arcade.

"yeah technically i am..but i live with my cousin and he's basically um who raised me so he's a brother to me" i said awkwardly, i really didn't wanna tell them my life story. i fear if people pity me. it makes me sick to the core if someone views me from something other then strong and capable.

"oh why do you live with him? do your parents live in the countryside or something?" denki asked and i felt so sick to my core. i gulped as i started getting nervous. oh do i tell them 'oh well my parents are dead'... no...no i didn't want to ruin the mood. "tsk drop it. why do you wanna know a freaks life's story. that'll just make you an even bigger freak" i looked up to bakugo and i took a big breathe i didn't know i was holding.

he really sure did save me.

"wow du-" kirishimas words got cut of as mina squealed as we finally reached the arcade.

god really was on my side just know huh.

•••

we all had decided to start off strong by playing a match of laser tag. we went to the front desk and filled out all the forms and put our names in. "JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW IM GONNA WIN" bakugo smirked as he put the pen down and cracked his knuckles.

"sure you will" i said sarcastically.

"what did you say bitch?" bakugo furrowed his eyebrow.

"i said sure you will" i winked.

"you seriously need help..just wait and see as i'll go against you and beat you to a PULP" he said while looking back at me from his shoulder with his cocky grin.

"hello and welcome to laser TOWN! we are so happy to have you guys with us today" the instructor was beginning to explain the rules for us as we entered the changing room.

"we spilt you guys in teams since you guys forgot to fill in that form...hope it won't be a problem" the instructor asked worryingly as denki face palmed. "guys how could we forget!" mina groaned as the rest of the group laughed at our literal blindness. "it's okay i'm sure it won't be a problem! it'll be more fun" kirishima was optimistic about the situation.

"okay so let me go over the teams right now..." the instructor started.

"mina and kirishima"

"denki and sero"

"and lastly..y/n and bakugo" the instructor smiled while looking up from her notes.

"WHAT" bakugo yelled in annoyance as i groaned "you've got to be kidding me" i complained as sero snickered by my side. i gave him a look and he shrugged up in defense. "goodluck" he teased and i rolled my eyes at him.

mina all made us take pictures with her digital camera as we finished putting up the armor and laser gun.

"pew pew" mina giggled as she snapped a picture of me and bakugo arguing.

A/N

sorry guys for the short chapter! 🤍 finals are killing me ngl!!!