Magnus comforts Alec

In the dimly lit Institute library, Alec Lightwood was engrossed in a stack of ancient tomes, searching for any clue that could aid their ongoing battle against the forces of darkness. As a Shadowhunter, his duty was to protect humanity from the threats that lurked in the shadows, but today, something felt off.

Alec's vision blurred suddenly, the words on the page swirling into an incomprehensible mess. He blinked rapidly, trying to dispel the dizziness that had overtaken him. Clutching the edge of the table, he steadied himself, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Are you okay, Alec?" Magnus Bane's concerned voice broke through the haze in Alec's mind, and he turned to see his partner hovering at his side, worry etched on his features.

"I'm fine, Magnus," Alec replied, forcing a weak smile. But even as he spoke, he knew it was a lie. The dizzy spell had passed, but a lingering unease remained, gnawing at him from within.

Magnus studied him for a moment, his golden eyes narrowing with suspicion. "You don't look fine. Is something bothering you?"

Alec hesitated, his gaze flickering away. He hadn't told anyone about the unhealed scar that lingered beneath his shirt, a painful reminder of a past battle that he preferred to keep buried. But the strain of keeping it hidden was beginning to take its toll.

"It's nothing," Alec murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. "Just tired, I guess."

Magnus reached out, his hand gentle as he brushed a lock of hair away from Alec's forehead. "You can't keep pushing yourself like this, Alexander. If something's wrong, you need to tell me."

Alec's resolve crumbled at the concern in Magnus's eyes, and he sighed heavily. "It's the scar," he confessed quietly. "It still hurts sometimes, but I didn't want to worry anyone."

Magnus's expression softened, understanding dawning in his eyes. "You don't have to bear this burden alone, my love," he said softly, wrapping his arms around Alec in a comforting embrace. "We'll face it together, just like we always do."

And in that moment, as Alec leaned into Magnus's embrace, he felt a weight lift from his shoulders. Though the battles they fought were far from over, he knew that with Magnus by his side, he could endure anything that came their way. As Alec and Magnus stood entwined, they heard the unmistakable sound of little feet padding across the wooden floor of the library. Turning their heads, they saw two small figures darting towards them with gleeful giggles.

"Max! Rafael!" Alec exclaimed, a smile spreading across his face as he knelt down to greet their children.

Max, the younger of the two, with his tousled dark hair and mischievous grin, reached Alec first, wrapping his arms around his father's neck in a tight hug. "Daddy! Daddy!"

Rafael, the older brother with his striking resemblance to Magnus, followed close behind, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Papa! Papa!"

Magnus knelt beside Alec, scooping Rafael into his arms and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Hello, my little warlock," he murmured affectionately, ruffling Rafael's hair.

Alec enveloped Max in a warm embrace, pressing a kiss to the top of his son's head. "Did you two have fun with Auntie Clary and Uncle Jace?" he asked, his heart swelling with love for his family.

Max nodded eagerly, his face lighting up with joy. "We drew pictures and played hide-and-seek! And Uncle Jace showed me some cool fighting moves!"

Rafael chimed in, bouncing with excitement. "And Auntie Clary let me help her with her runes! I drew a really big one!"

Alec and Magnus exchanged amused glances, marveling at the boundless energy of their children. Despite the dangers that surrounded them, moments like these reminded them of the importance of family and the strength they found in each other's love.

As Alec held Max close and Magnus cradled Rafael in his arms, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as a family united against the darkness. And with their two precious sons by their side, they had all the motivation they needed to keep fighting for a better future.