Title: A Mother's Courage

---

Sam McCall winced as pain shot through her side, a result of the unexpected fall she took while trying to protect her son, Danny, from a falling beam in the wreckage of the Port Charles earthquake. She could feel blood trickling down her temple, clouding her vision. With every ounce of strength left in her, she managed to call out to Danny before he darted away in search of help.

"Danny, go get help! Find someone, anyone!"

Danny's eyes widened with fear as he looked at his injured mother, but he nodded bravely and dashed off, his small feet pounding against the debris-strewn floor.

Alone in the crumbling building, Sam fought to stay conscious. She knew she needed medical attention soon or her injuries would worsen. Closing her eyes briefly, she focused on staying calm and keeping herself from succumbing to panic.

Minutes felt like hours as Sam waited, her senses heightened by the pain and the uncertainty of her situation. She strained to listen for any signs of Danny's return or the sound of rescuers approaching.

Finally, she heard footsteps approaching, and her heart leaped with hope. A team of paramedics burst into the room, led by Dr. Elizabeth Webber, who immediately rushed to Sam's side.

"Sam, can you hear me?" Elizabeth asked, her voice urgent as she assessed the extent of Sam's injuries.

Sam nodded weakly, grateful for the familiar face of her friend and trusted doctor. "I'm here," she whispered hoarsely.

Elizabeth quickly went to work, stabilizing Sam's injuries and preparing her for transport to General Hospital. With the help of the paramedics, they carefully lifted Sam onto a stretcher and began the precarious journey through the debris-filled corridors.

Meanwhile, Danny had managed to find help outside the building. He stumbled upon Jason Morgan, his father, who had been frantically searching for Sam and their son amidst the chaos of the earthquake aftermath. With tears streaming down his face, Danny relayed the news of Sam's injury, and Jason wasted no time in rushing to her side.

At General Hospital, Sam was rushed into surgery, her life hanging in the balance as the doctors worked tirelessly to repair her injuries. Jason stood vigil outside the operating room, his heart heavy with worry for the woman he loved and the mother of his child.

Hours passed before the surgeon emerged, exhaustion etched on his face but a glimmer of hope in his eyes. He informed Jason that Sam had made it through the surgery, but her recovery would be long and arduous.

As Sam drifted in and out of consciousness in the days that followed, she found solace in the presence of her loved ones who never left her side. With Danny's small hand clasped in hers and Jason's reassuring presence beside her, Sam drew strength from the unwavering support of her family.

In the end, it was love that pulled Sam through the darkest moments of her ordeal, reminding her that she was never alone, even in the face of life's greatest challenges.

And as the sun rose over Port Charles, casting its golden light on the city on the mend, Sam knew that she had emerged from the wreckage stronger than ever, ready to face whatever the future held, with her family by her side.