Part Forty Six: The Battle Begins

hello! happy reading :)

••••••••••

Things To Keep in Mind:

(Y/N) = Your name

(N/N) = Nickname

(A/N) = Author's Note

Italics are your thoughts

••••••••••

Your POV:

Shiro approaches the meeting room and steps into the room. "You wanted to see me?" he asks. Coran, Pidge, Keith, Lance, Hunk, Allura, and I are sitting down at the table. Shiro takes a seat next to Keith and me. It's the day after our mini-celebration of Acxa's pregnancy.

Pidge nods. "We've been working on something and thought we'd run it by you."

"We think we might have a way to find Honerva," Keith says.

"The Paladins connect using the shared consciousness of Voltron," Allura begins. "We might be able to find more out if we were to connect with our lions."

"Honerva is capable of creating galactic Komars, wormholes, robeasts, and her mechs are out there somewhere. She is the single greatest threat the universe has ever faced, and we don't have any other leads. It might take lifetimes for another opportunity like this to come around. We think this is worth the risk."

Shiro's face looks grim. "I spent a lot of time in the infinite void. It took all my strength not to lose my sanity. It's dangerous."

"We're the Paladins of Voltron," I say. "It has to be us."

"There's no one else able to connect to the consciousness of the former Paladins," Allura adds.

Shiro sighs. "It sounds like all of you are ready for this, then?"

Pidge nods. "As ready as we can be."

Shiro looks past Keith to look at me. "Have you told Lotor or Acxa?"

I shake my head. "I don't want to put more stress on them. They have enough as it is. I'm hoping this mission will be brief."

"I can respect your choice, then. I will not tell them of this mission."

We sit in silence for a while.

"This feels familiar," Lance announces softly.

Allura grasps his hand with hers and nods. "It reminds me of the Castle Ship."

Coran looks around the room and smiles. "It's been a long time since it was only the eight of us in a room together."

"Let's make sure it's not the last," Keith chuckles.

I nudge him playfully. "That is not the luck we need," I reply.

Lance's eyes widen. "Stop trying to jinx us, Keith!"

Keith rolls his eyes. "I'm not jinxing anything."

"Besides," Pidge starts. "Projecting into the astral plane with the former Paladins might not even work."

Lance slides down in his seat. "Not helping, Pidge."

Hunk groans. "Honestly, this pessimistic energy is not what we need right now."

Coran chuckles. "You've all grown these past deca-phoebs, but I'm glad to know some things don't change."

|••••••••••|